Esteemed Contributor

@January121 wrote:

OH ****** NO NO NO!!! .... why are they doing this?   ... James Bond has always been a white male!!! .. this is so wrong! 😱😰

Wow.  Just wow.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Snort, when I first looked at this picture the first thing that sprang to my mind was OMG he's smoking . . . hee!

ezgif-2-6ef72af117e1.gif

Times change and the franchise should change with them.  I don't go to movies anymore so I need to look up the actress that has been selected to portray 007 but the Broccoli family is very protective of their franchise so I am sure she is going to be fantastic.

Honored Contributor

Not what Ian Fleming wrote and created yrs ago. He's turning in grave.

Movies all originated from his work . Women can be super heroes in other shows. Wonder woman, Capt Marvel, so , forth and so on.

Leave Bond alone.

Valued Contributor

I will wait and see but I personally think it will be difficult to have some of the same scenes we have come to expect in a Bond movie.  007 may be passed along but will she be called James...James Bond?  Don’t think that will happen and to me that is major.

Trusted Contributor

Not liking this at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Nope!  I will not be interested in a female 007.  I have no problem with a woman spy/agent.  Just don't try to pawn it off as 007.  James Bond.

What's next?  A woman playing George Washington?  A woman playing Julius Caesar?  I was the biggest fan in the world of the Avengers.  The original one.  WAAAAAY back. I have always wanted to be Mrs. Peel.  

@Sooner wrote:

Nope!  I will not be interested in a female 007.  I have no problem with a woman spy/agent.  Just don't try to pawn it off as 007.  James Bond.

What's next?  A woman playing George Washington?  A woman playing Julius Caesar?  I was the biggest fan in the world of the Avengers.  The original one.  WAAAAAY back. I have always wanted to be Mrs. Peel.  

I have to agree ,  when I first heard it I just felt dont mess with the Bond  character there's no reason to change. The long time character has been a male that's what makes Bond well Bond.  Female Spies in movies is great just not with the icon 007 IMO.  I don't understand having a women in a role just because  a fr sle  should be or because it's time  to have a female.  

Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@January121 wrote:

OH ****** NO NO NO!!! .... why are they doing this?   ... James Bond has always been a white male!!! .. this is so wrong! 😱😰

Wow.  Just wow.

AGREE , AGREE , AGREE !!🙀

Esteemed Contributor
I don’t understand why people are upset. From all reports, this is happening in one movie - has anyone seen differently? A movie in which it is well documented that James Bond (played by Daniel Craig) has retired. James Bond is still a white man. His code 007 has been given to a woman.

One summary I read said that, as customary, James Bond makes a pass at her, but she rebuffs him (at least at the beginning.) If true, she sounds like one in his long line of smart women who eventually falls into his bed.
Valued Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
I don’t understand why people are upset. From all reports, this is happening in one movie - has anyone seen differently? A movie in which it is well documented that James Bond (played by Daniel Craig) has retired. James Bond is still a white man. His code 007 has been given to a woman.

One summary I read said that, as customary, James Bond makes a pass at her, but she rebuffs him (at least at the beginning.) If true, she sounds like one in his long line of smart women who eventually falls into his bed.

@Alter Ego  Several posts in the thread have explained how she’s not the new James Bond but how this is a passing of the torch rather than a replacement. I could go back and edit my original post and explain this in a huge font in all caps, but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t prevent further comments revealing opinions of a certain nature.

Trusted Contributor

I was SO hoping for Idris Elba!!