Honored Contributor
OMG! White male only? I have no words for my disgust.

Pretty sure Idris Elba 💕 turned it down. Darn it. LOL.

No reason why 007 can’t be a woman and no reason why a woman can’t be the lead in a spy action thriller.
Honored Contributor

Re: The new 007 is...

[ Edited ]

There have been a number of spy action thrillers starring women. This is hardly ground breaking, so there's really no reason to go there with what has become a long-standing tradition of at least margially sexy men, with a significant following being cast as James Bond, 007. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

There have been a number of spy action thrillers starring women. This is hardly ground breaking, so there's really no reason to go there with what has become a long-standing tradition of at least margially sexy men, with a significant following being cast as James Bond. 

@stevieb  She is not playing James Bond. She is playing 007, the agent who will replace a retiring James Bond and will assume his agent code.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Obviously you haven’t seen the long, long list of fictional Bond movies

of past years where the ‘enemy’ usually coincides with current

World events.  

@sidsmom That's not what I said.  I said movies and literature are not compelled to reflect the current world situation:  Where we are at a pitched war, but who wants to watch people sit at computer terminals and fight foreign invasions in cyberspace?

The Bond movies are a wondeful formula for a fun and exciting movie.  I am sad to see them go!  I think one day they WILL be back.

Unless there’s a movie series called ‘Misogynistic Bond’,

that ‘ole dinosaur is long gone.  New Era. 

@sidsmom Good thing old Shakespeare and a lot of other great authors are gone too huh?  Good riddance Hemingway. Should we maybe have a book burning?  Rewrite history?  Good grief.  What the Dickens. . . oops him too!!!

We'll all eat mac and cheese and cupcakes and read fairy tales. . . oh wait.  Sorry.  Those are out too.  LOL!!!!

Honored Contributor

Huh?

b.r.e.a.t.h.e

Did we just realize it’s 2019?

Valued Contributor

And next they can do a remake of Shaft with the title role being played by Reese Witherspoon.

Honored Contributor

Personally .... I think this is a bad idea ....   and the box office take will be a huge disappointment.

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Personally .... I think this is a bad idea ....   and the box office take will be a huge disappointment.

@Tinkrbl44  Really? I didn’t know we had a psychic on the forums!

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb 

Just my speculation; sorry if that wasn't clear  .... what was the reference to a mermaid?

Honored Contributor

We are huge Bond fans here. I'm OK with the idea of Daniel Craig as Bond being in the movie and passing 007 on to her, but I'm not OK with her just being forced on us as "Jane Bond, 007" or something like that. Smiley Frustrated