Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Lashana Lynch! If you thought they were mad about the mermaid, just wait...

DE0F4A83-6D37-41B3-AB0B-2CA93C353B38.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I wish the first female of color Bond the best but I have to admit that the names George Lazenby and Timothy Dalton come to mind. Hope I’m wrong but whenever the Bond bosses decide to go in a different direction, they often wind up lost.

Respected Contributor

LoL @MaryLamb  I always thought 007 was just a code word for the agent and it did not matter about gender or ethnicity. It will be interesting to see how they portray her in the movie.

Valued Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

LoL @MaryLamb  I always thought 007 was just a code word for the agent and it did not matter about gender or ethnicity. It will be interesting to see how they portray her in the movie.

@GAQShopr53  Thad correct. When an agent dies or retires, the code gets passed on to someone else. The same with the bosses. Remember when Judi Dench was killed off, the new “Q” was Ben Whishaw. They didn’t ignore the previous Q’s existence, so it may be that James Bond has retired. 

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@GAQShopr53  Thad correct. When an agent dies or retires, the code gets passed on to someone else. The same with the bosses. Remember when Judi Dench was killed off, the new “Q” was Ben Whishaw. They didn’t ignore the previous Q’s existence, so it may be that James Bond has retired. 

@MaryLamb I do remember when Judi "Q" was killed off..and thought she was one of the best. I can't wait for the movie to premier...I am a diehard James Bond fan regardless of who they get to play the role!

Super Contributor

I loved all the men who portrayed 007, however, it’s time we see a female playing the role.

One can’t compare Lashana Lynch to any previous Bond’s, after all you would be comparing apples to oranges!

We’re in differen’t times and it is about time the Bond franchise caught up.

I’m looking forward to seeing the dishy men she kicks to the curb.🙂

Respected Contributor

According to an article I read, Daniel Craig will play Bond in the next movie. Bond is retiring, and his number is reassigned to Lynch. 

Valued Contributor

Well, if anyone deserves to retire, it’s certainly James Bond. He’s handled quite a bit. It will be interesting to see what kind of persona the new 007 embodies. I remember my father telling me how when he was young, he learned so much from James Bond including how to walk into a room, order a drink at a bar, smoke a cigarette, and seduce a woman. Bond wasn’t just a brilliant agent, he was strong, beautiful, sexy, had the best clothes, car, toys, etc. He was everything a man wanted to be, and everything a woman wanted. I think we are ready for a woman to unapologetically embody all the same characteristics as Bond.

Honored Contributor

Re: The new 007 is...

[ Edited ]

They should make her a Lesbian too.   In fact, strike that.  Make her a transvestite.    Anything that is opposit to James Bond.

Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah.  If the Mermaid gave them hearburn.  This is going to make their heads explode....LOL