Honored Contributor

I was thinking I think that movie should win and

so glad it did! 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: The movie Green Book

[ Edited ]

I have to agree!  I saw it on Valentine's Day with DH and I came out of the theatre pleasantly surprised at how good it was.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It was worthy of the best picture win!

Esteemed Contributor

LOL I’m so happy to see me proven wrong and that it DID bring home the big award! Really a nice film and one many people will enjoy.  Will need to look at list of recent winners, but I think this is one of the most traditional winners that I can remember from the last few years.  Didn’t the fish movie win last year?

Honored Contributor

Shape of Water won last year. Never saw it, it seemed too out there for me.

Green Book is a special story. For me Viggo and Mahershala made the movie what it was. Linda Cardellini too.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I can’t wait to see this movie.

Honored Contributor

I just read about all the controversy surrounding this movie-yikes. Wasn't aware of that before.

Some people are saying that Roma didn't win because of Hollywood's resistance to Netflix.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The movie Green Book

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Shape of Water won last year. Never saw it, it seemed too out there for me.

Green Book is a special story. For me Viggo and Mahershala made the movie what it was. Linda Cardellini too.

@Greeneyedlady21  Another happy camper here that Green Book won. As for Shape of Water, I had recorded it from whatever channel it's been on and tried watching it last week, lost interest after about the first 30 or 40 minutes and erased it. I didn't know it had won last year. Maybe I'll record it again and give it another go.

Respected Contributor

So glad it won the Oscar!  I LOVED it! Vigo was great, cant believe he’s not really Italian! 

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 -

I just read about it too. That is sad and some of it disturbing,and about the family really not approving of the screenplay.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

LOVED this film and have already watched it twice! The acting was excellent. Just a wonderful movie.