Esteemed Contributor

Re: The most bizarre movie you ever saw?

"The Forbidden Zone" an absurdist musical fantasy about a women who travels to another dimension that's located in her basement. Think "Alice in Wonderland" meets "Rock Horror Picture Show" but stranger than either one of those. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

Eraserhead.

Valued Contributor

The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea...disturbingly weird.  

Valued Contributor

jellyBEAN, James is a great actor. There is 3 movies in the trilogy

Unbreakable split Glass

Valued Contributor

MEMENTO deserves short-list too.
Contributor

For me it was "The Forest of Love" a Japanese movie on Netflix

This very long , almost 3 hours movie, based on a serial killer has grizzly murders,self harm, torture, gore, mutilation,mind control, we kept waiting for the movie to make sense but it went from blizzare to absurd and insane, when a scene came on of a disposing of a body by a group of people acting like they were preparing dinner, we had enough and just couldn't watch anymore...I wished I could turn back time and never watched this horrible movie!

Esteemed Contributor

As someone else mentioned, Magnolia.  I liked the movie up until the raining frogs

The War of the Roses; same as above.  If I'm remembering correctly, I liked it right up until that ending scene 😳

Very Bad Things - lives up to its title.  I enjoyed the movie in a very disturbing way.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone without a warning that very bad things happen all through the movie and don't judge me because I found it amusing in a very dark way. 

🤪

Valued Contributor

Stanley Kubrick's Lolita 1962 was way before it's time, it was rated X. By the British film censors. Starring James Mason, She'll Winters and Sue Lyons. And Baby Doll 1956 Karl Malden Carol Baker Eli Wallach. It was rated R Another weird movie is a dark type of a western setting in the early 1900's Texas The Last Rites Of Ransom Pride. Starring Dwight Yoakam Kris Kris off son and Lizzy .

Super Contributor

1408 with John Cusack. They made 2 different endings. I saw them both. Still don't understand!

Valued Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I'm still thinking about it because I can't recall the name of two movies I want to say.