Esteemed Contributor

The end of Lucifer

[ Edited ]

Last night… 11/13...What was that last scene? Hell? And where was the story going at the end? Looked like a ground hog’s day kind of thing.

Keepin' it real.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: The end of Lucifer

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda

Yes, you are correct on both counts.  It was Hell, and Linda’s ex/husband was reliving his torment over and over, much like the movie “Groundhog Day”.

If you remember in the episode when the reporter/husband (I forget the character’s name) confronted Lucifer, Lucifer told him, (I paraphrase): “I’m going to tell you something I’ve never told another human before.  I don’t send anyone to Hell—you humans send yourselves.  The doors to Hell are not locked, all you have to do is change your ideas/actions.  But you never change.  And so you live your own Hell over and over.”

Esteemed Contributor

What he told Getty (the reporter) fascinated me and reminded me of a book I read years ago.  I wish I could remember the name.  It was about people in the hell of their own creation...something like that.  Have NO idea of the name.  Wish I did.  Barely remember the story.

Thanks for the reply. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Last night… 11/13...What was that last scene? Hell? And where was the story going at the end? Looked like a ground hog’s day kind of thing.

@esmerelda, you scared me, I thought you had some inside information about a possible cancellation of one of my favorite shows!