Honored Contributor

Watched it late last night on TCM. Funny,Funny film. La Crawford looks much too old for the role. Her clothes are beautiful, though. E. Mueller told us that the outdoor scenes were shot at Sinatra's home in Palm Springs. Loved the dialogue. " No orchids in the afternoon!" 

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

I caught the tail end of the movie when my allergies woke me up. I think it will be repeated at 10 am eastern time Sunday (today). It was quite the melodrama. Joan Crawford was not my favorite actress (I’m more of a Kathrrine Hepburn, Bette Davis fan) but Crawford played her part well. She was 43 at the time of filming, 100 in Hollywood dog years, but she still was convincing. I love the film noir series on TCM. I’ve seen films and actors that are new to me, a great find, and the narrator really educates the audience about the genre.

Honored Contributor

I realized why the title, still LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The darned don't cry

[ Edited ]

I missed it; however, Xfinity On-Demand has it offered for free until 10/21/18.    

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Watched it late last night on TCM. Funny,Funny film. La Crawford looks much too old for the role. Her clothes are beautiful, though. E. Mueller told us that the outdoor scenes were shot at Sinatra's home in Palm Springs. Loved the dialogue. " No orchids in the afternoon!" 

I recorded it -- looking forward to watching it.  She wore clothes well at any age -- with or without the  shoulder pads.  And to think she was only 5' 3"!

Respected Contributor

I watched it last night (and King Lear before it). JC was sooooo tiny. I really enjoyed the movie. King Lear was a little too much, especially when trying to wind down from a busy day.