Esteemed Contributor

Re: The couple on HGTV's Flip or Flop separated.

I just have one question.  DId they ever even once have a flop which I will define as them getting less for the house than the purchase price plus renovations?  I haven't seen all the episodes but I have seen a lot of them and never once did they, take a loss.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet I've not seen that either but I have seen shows where the house still hadn't sold at the end and was still on the market.

I saw a show a few days ago where the entire slab foundation had multiple huge  cracks and they repaired the foundation but never had anyone look into WHY that had happened. Mine subsidance ? earthquake? I think why it happened is more important than just repairing it. 

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I just have one question.  DId they ever even once have a flop which I will define as them getting less for the house than the purchase price plus renovations?  I haven't seen all the episodes but I have seen a lot of them and never once did they, take a loss.

Have seen a few but not many.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

Have seen a few but not many.

I've seen a few too. 

I'm guessing people don't want to see the flops on TV. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just read online MSN that the couple may be trying to get back together.

"As of Dec. 16 sources told TMZ that there was still a chance Tarek could  reunite with his wife. The two were spotted on a coffee date on Dec. 15, and reports have circulated that the estranged couple have been attempting to resolve their problems and save their marriage for the sake of their two young children."

Esteemed Contributor

They will not be able to continue the series if they divorce...plain and simple. If they try to save the marriage it will likely be more of an attempt to save the lucrative series.

Valued Contributor

Watched a show today - the 1st time I've ever seen them loose $.

But it was approx -  $3,300.

Jean

Frequent Contributor

They have had at least 4 special shows talking about flops. They explain how much they lost,etc. They would show 3 houses per half hour episode. At least one was a flop. Then they would visit the new owners of one house and see how they liked living there. These were fun and interesting special episodes.. 

Valued Contributor

One thing I always noticed when you saw a brief view inside their own home was that there was never any personal items such as pictures visible, one recent episode showed nothing on the walls as well as nothing on their fireplace mantle..my husband mentioned that their home looked staged, had to agree..they occasionally showed their daughter playing with some toys..kinda sad to me..

Honored Contributor

@Evie2004 wrote:

One thing I always noticed when you saw a brief view inside their own home was that there was never any personal items such as pictures visible, one recent episode showed nothing on the walls as well as nothing on their fireplace mantle..my husband mentioned that their home looked staged, had to agree..they occasionally showed their daughter playing with some toys..kinda sad to me..

A lot of people live that way.  Several of my neighbors are like that.  Never a book or a toy anywhere.  Unfortunately that is not me!