Esteemed Contributor

The amount of teen parent vlogs on youtube

Has anyone noticed the amount of teens getting pregneant and making YouTube channels. There are a few really successful ones. First I applaud the fathers in these who are actually with the mothers still and are in their kids life. But I worry because a couple of them are so successful others will think this is what they should do. I applaud them for making money and supporting their families but I am dumb founded how this seems to be a normal. To much glamorizing of being a teen parent. I mean one of the successful channels they are 19 and getting ready for number two.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The amount of teen parent vlogs on youtube

They probably got the idea from Teen Mom & Teen Mom 2.

Esteemed Contributor

The ones I have watched the couples are pretty mature and are taking care of their families and seem to have good relationships. I just worry teens who are not in such good relationships with their boyfriends will try this. Thinking it's cool. I can get pregneant and make money on YouTube. Most teens don't have the kind of relationships these teen VLOGGERS have. The ones I watch on YouTube are nothing like those teen mom shows.Thd ones like okbaby they seem to have a good relationship. 

Esteemed Contributor

I find it amazing that people will get on youtube and yap about their lives, revealing every and all intimate detail.....I wouldn't do that for anything!

Not to mention people who put their birthing videos on the internet!

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I find it amazing that people will get on youtube and yap about their lives, revealing every and all intimate detail.....I wouldn't do that for anything!

I find it amazing that people have so little to do that they'd sit and watch this stuff.  I can understand teens watching it, but mature adults?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I find it amazing that people have so little to do that they'd sit and watch this stuff.  I can understand teens watching it, but mature adults?

People will watch all kind of things.

Dr. Sandra Lee is very popular on youtube and her videos would be sickening to many people. She's called "Dr. Pimple Popper."

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I have to admit it is a guilty pleasure of mine. I have no problem with people doing it. We live in America and if you can make money doing it go for it. I just worry that kids who see this will try and do the same thing but not have the good men in there lives these girls have. The one I found today I swear this girl is 24 not 17. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday Have you ever watched the road rage videos?

These people aren't playin'.

Jump out of their cars with metal pipes and whatnot.

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@ccassaday Have you ever watched the road rage videos?

These people aren't playin'.

Jump out of their cars with metal pipes and whatnot.

No I haven't lol. 

Honored Contributor

Being a teen mom is anything but glamorous. Especially when they do it again the next year.