Respected Contributor

Re: The Woman In The Window On Netflix

I thought the book was just awful.  I finished it but it was a real struggle.  So, I think I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

We just watched it.  Pretty suspenceful.

The very last scene (9 months later) was unnecessary.

@Lucky Charm  I thought the last scene was important in that we got to see that she recovered from her psychological issues regarding the death of her family, and was finally able to move on.  Solving the case was one thing, her ability to return to a normal life was another.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Lucky Charm  I thought the last scene was important in that we got to see that she recovered from her psychological issues regarding the death of her family, and was finally able to move on.  Solving the case was one thing, her ability to return to a normal life was another.

@faeriemoon   I think maybe if they made it more believable, like 9 years from now and she's in practice helping children and then she goes home and has (a husband) and another child or two.  Like she's really *cured*.

I honestly thought that it would be more like a (stealing this word) Hitchcockian ending where someone from her past is driving the taxi.  Like maybe her basement renter....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@faeriemoon   I think maybe if they made it more believable, like 9 years from now and she's in practice helping children and then she goes home and has (a husband) and another child or two.  Like she's really *cured*.

I honestly thought that it would be more like a (stealing this word) Hitchcockian ending where someone from her past is driving the taxi.  Like maybe her basement renter....

Now THAT would have been something!