Esteemed Contributor

I only saw 3 episodes...Is that all there is? It seems like there should have been one more.....

I feel sorry for Charles, but he is not King material.

Trusted Contributor

There were supposed to be 6 episodes, but when the coronavirus hit, CNN ended up doing 24/7 reporting on that.  I was hoping that they would have aired it in the early morning hours or something like that, but they never did.  Maybe it will be released on YouTube or they will air it once things get a little calmer.

It was an amazing series and I was very interested in it.  I learned so much!  I ended up getting Netflix because they have the series called, "The Crown."  It is a fact based (and critically acclaimed) series based on the monarchy.  There are 3 seasons so far and the 4th season is supposed to come out in November, but I'm not sure if their production schedule has been impacted by what is going on.  The series shows everything that is on The Windsors, but in so much more detail.  If possible, you should try to check it out.

Respected Contributor

Actually four episodes aired - two to go.  I wish they'd show them.  Do we really need nothing but Coronavirus coverage 24/7?

Trusted Contributor

Yes, two more episodes need to air.  They would be a great diversion from everything else going on in the world.  

Honored Contributor

I was thinking they got 'em all in. They skipped couple of weeks then went back. Last one I saw was Charles and Diana mess kind of left it at that.

Only things that happened after that mess was Charles married for love this time,  Fergie pulled her stunt, sophie pulled her stunt, Harry started going wild in Vegas and hitting the clubs, William married, Kate popped out 3 pretty fast. Queen pulled Philip from the public eye, he had his car accidents.   Here come Meghan, nobody to walk her down the aisle, Charles stepped up for his son and probably at the suggestion of Queen.

We all know what happened after that wedding.  Pretty much sums it up

Honored Contributor

I saw a promo today for the "return of The Windsors" on CNN on June 14, 2020. I believe they only showed four episodes before. Perhaps they will repeat the four right before the new one airs.

Honored Contributor

if he gets the chance, i believe CHARLES will make an excellent king.

it will be nice and interesting to see how the crown moves forward after so many years of the queen at the helm.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

if he gets the chance, i believe CHARLES will make an excellent king.

it will be nice and interesting to see how the crown moves forward after so many years of the queen at the helm.

@sunshine45 

I've read that he's the least well-liked in modern times.  And his mum won't be around to protect him when the time comes.   Hopefully it won't be a long reign.

Seems like people are already looking forward to William taking the crown .... IF the monarchy survives that much longer.  

Contributor

Thank you for posting that, World Traveler!  I have been watching for them to return.

Honored Contributor

Smithsonian Channel has a lot of this 'Private Lives of the Monarchs'.

Also, they visit famous houses of the past. Estates, old castles.

On tonight.