Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I have heard that a new Waltons movie is in the works, however no original cast members?  Whats up with that? I will not be watching.  I guess Richard Thomas will do the narration?

@sunshine 919   Neither will I.  I often wonder how someone has the nerve to remake a classic, or as in this case, insert an entirely different cast.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I have heard that a new Waltons movie is in the works, however no original cast members?  Whats up with that? I will not be watching.  I guess Richard Thomas will do the narration?

@sunshine 919   Neither will I.  I often wonder how someone has the nerve to remake a classic, or as in this case, insert an entirely different cast.

I am right there with you.  I agree with everything you said.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl  I agree. I think a true classic like this one should be left alone. I wonder if production companies and writers have a hard time coming up with original stuff so they decide to do remakes. 

Honored Contributor

@akaburtonfan wrote:

@mousiegirl  I agree. I think a true classic like this one should be left alone. I wonder if production companies and writers have a hard time coming up with original stuff so they decide to do remakes. 

@akaburtonfan   That is exactly what I think, and maybe they should look for another profession.

Honored Contributor

recording it tonight because my ravens are playing an important game. hoping that i will enjoy it as much as the original.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Everything about this show is a pale - very pale - imitation of the original - the actors, dialogue, set, etc.  I lost it in the first half hour when the girl told the boy to "shove it."  Did they talk like that in 1933?  I doubt it. 

Respected Contributor

I lasted about 5 minutes and switched to something else.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

recording it tonight because my ravens are playing an important game. hoping that i will enjoy it as much as the original.

Half the show is commercials, so you will be able to skip over them.  It's on for two hours, from 8:00 to 10:00 pm, but I bet the actual run time is not much over one hour.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Waltons new movie

[ Edited ]

Bellamy Young (Olivia) was in Scandal.  idk any of the other cast members, I don't think

I'm going to give it a go (recorded it, watching it skipping commericals) after all how many times has It's A Wonder Life and A Christmas Carol been remade?  Not all those remakes are so terrible. 

I also follow Judy Norton on YouTube  Ask Judy.  Search her out on YouTube she's a really good singer. 

eta:  I watched it to the end.  I did not think it was so bad.  Interesting ending.

Super Contributor

I just can not accept these actors as "The Waltons".  I only watched for about 15 minutes that was enough for me....changed the channel.