Respected Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

Oh Wow....I hadn't thought about Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr. in years.  

"Up, up and away....in my beautiful balloon"....that song will be in my head all day! Yes, they were very popular, very talented.

@candyagain   That song was number 1 on the billboard chart the day I was born.  My mother wrote it down in my baby book. 

Valued Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Highlands72 wrote:

Just a reminder, if anyone has an interest.

The Waltons' Homecoming

Sunday evening, November 28,  8:00 PM Eastern, on the CW network. Times may vary by location.

Is this the original "Homecoming" or the remake?  As far as I can tell. it's the remake.  Smiley Sad

---

It is the remake, with Richard Thomas doing the Earl Hamner narration. I am interested to see how the new one compares, as I grew up watching and loving the series.

I wish they would show the original in addition to this new one. I haven't seen it in years. 

Respected Contributor

I loved the show as a kid. It made me feel warm and fuzzy.  I always felt like My family was so dysfunctional (even though that wasn't a word at the time), but I couldn't wait to grow up and get out-  

I will definitely watch this! Thx for the info! 💕👍🏼

Trusted Contributor
Why make a new version of the book “The Homecoming”? Why not? How many versions of “Little Women” and “Les Miserables” (to name two novels) have there been over the years. The original The Homecoming movie is 50 years old old now. I love the original and watch it every year (and will again this year - I have the DVD) but am willing to give this one a shot too Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I thought it was out of touch even back in the day and didn't watch it.  I cannot imagine how it would ever fly in today's world.

Of course there is a certain set of young people who are all puppies and rainbows and no discord ever, so they might love it.  

Honored Contributor

I always watched The Waltons when the show was on. I always enjoyed feel good shows. I think I will watch this one. 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Waltons new movie

[ Edited ]

Loved the original movie with Patricia Neal.

The TV series was lousy imo and not at all close to being accurate. Not a fan.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Not really a fan of The Waltons, but if this is being done by the CW network, anyone looking forward to it might want to temper their expectations...

I watch Judy Norton on youtube (she played Mary Ellen) she said she had been asked many questions about this movie.  She is being very gracious about the whole thing.  She said they were invited to the screening.  She stated they are not trying to copy the original they are putting a new spin on it.  She thought it was nice of them to invite them.  Richard Thomas is doing the narration.  She would like for people to give it a chance.  She said they like the cast.

Well doing a show that is so iconic portraying the exact characters will be hard not to compare to the original cast, especially because the original tv show is so loved.  I will not be watching, I tried to watch the few shows when they thought they could recast John Boy and I could not do it.  I will be reading the reviews from this forum thoughSmiley Happy  For everyone who will watch I hope you enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

I really liked the 1971 movie with Patricia Neal.  I'll try to watch the remake - hoping it's not too Hallmark-y.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Not really a fan of The Waltons, but if this is being done by the CW network, anyone looking forward to it might want to temper their expectations...

I really liked the 1971 movie with Patricia Neal.  I'll try to watch the      
       remake - hoping it's not too Hallmark-y.

I still watch The Waltons frequently, given what else I have to choose from on TV today.  I will be watching the remake of The Homecoming tonight, but I will definitely not being expecting much, as the CW network is not exactly know for quality of its productions.