Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

I think some things are best left alone and this is one of them.  It was suited to its time and anything they try to do now with different actors just won't seem authentic.  Too much of a classic to mess with.

JMO but I won't be watching it.

I totally agree with you.  They tried to  mess with Bewitched with a movie, I don't know anyone who watched that.  Classics are classics for a reason.  Leave them alone.  

@sunshine 919 - I only recently watched the "Bewitched" movie because it was on one of my cable channels.  I think Nicole Kidman is a wonderful actress, but the script for this movie was so poor I struggled to watch till the end.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, you're not missing anything.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh Wow....I hadn't thought about Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr. in years.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Not really a fan of The Waltons, but if this is being done by the CW network, anyone looking forward to it might want to temper their expectations...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Re: The Waltons new movie

[ Edited ]

Just a reminder, if anyone has an interest.

The Waltons' Homecoming

Sunday evening, November 28,  8:00 PM Eastern, on the CW network. Times may vary by location.

Trusted Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

Oh Wow....I hadn't thought about Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr. in years.  

"Up, up and away....in my beautiful balloon"....that song will be in my head all day! Yes, they were very popular, very talented.

Respected Contributor
The Walton Thanksgiving movie/show is on today @ 5:00pm on INSP Network, if you are interested. The show appears to be on hiatus on Hallmark Drama for holiday season as has LHOTP.
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I agree that it's a classic that shouldn't have been touched but I'm sure I will watch it.  I'm glad Richard Thomas is narrating but I would have thought some of the kids would have at least had cameo appearances.

They should cast grandchildren of the original cast in their grandparents' roles.  Just to make things interesting.  And they might even look similar.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Waltons new movie

[ Edited ]

I am a fan of The Waltons, and will definitely watch.   

Audrey Hamner age 90, died in Vinton, VA in September; the role of Erin Walton was based on her life.   One sister and one brother are still living.   

Trusted Contributor
This is a new version of the novella “The Homecoming”. Nothing wrong with that - movies based on stories are made and remade all the time. I’m looking forward to seeing this new interpretation of the novella.
Honored Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

Just a reminder, if anyone has an interest.

The Waltons' Homecoming

Sunday evening, November 28,  8:00 PM Eastern, on the CW network. Times may vary by location.

Is this the original "Homecoming" or the remake?  As far as I can tell. it's the remake.  Smiley Sad