Honored Contributor

I have heard that a new Waltons movie is in the works, however no original cast members?  Whats up with that? I will not be watching.  I guess Richard Thomas will do the narration?

Contributor

I think its a remake of "The Homecoming" and will air around the holidays.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I have heard that a new Waltons movie is in the works, however no original cast members?  Whats up with that? I will not be watching.  I guess Richard Thomas will do the narration?

yellow919:  No way will I be watching this.  I grew up watching the Waltons and it was my favorite show of all time.  I watch the show every day on MeTV.  Many of the original cast have passed away and for me there was only one grandpa, grandmother, the mother and especially the father.  Also, the actors who played the children and Ike and Cora Beth, the Baldwin sisters, etc.  just cannot be replaced.  This was such an incredible show with a wonderful message in every one of them.  I used to wish I was a member of that family.

Honored Contributor

I think some things are best left alone and this is one of them.  It was suited to its time and anything they try to do now with different actors just won't seem authentic.  Too much of a classic to mess with.

JMO but I won't be watching it.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I think some things are best left alone and this is one of them.  It was suited to its time and anything they try to do now with different actors just won't seem authentic.  Too much of a classic to mess with.

JMO but I won't be watching it.

I totally agree with you.  They tried to  mess with Bewitched with a movie, I don't know anyone who watched that.  Classics are classics for a reason.  Leave them alone.  

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine what of this would have any appeal for today unless it is so changed people won't recognize it. 

Esteemed Contributor

It will be full of today's  world issues

Respected Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

It will be full of today's  world issues

The Waltons: Homecoming is set in the 1933 Depression Era

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

23 of the original cast members have died. It'd be hard to have an original cast.

Honored Contributor

I never liked that show.