Honored Contributor

The Walking Dead Series Finale

Nov 20, the end is here.   Love it or hate it, it will always make a top 10 list of best TV series, much like Breaking Bad, etc.

My kids watched from the beginning, they would tell me about it.  First time I watched was after DHs funeral.   We had the TV on for background noise after the family was home alone.    A midseason marathon was showing.

My DS kept me up on characters & story lines.    When he passed I felt like I had to finish watching for both of us.

For me the end is bittersweet.   I'm curious to see how it ends.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Walking Dead Series Finale

@software 

I am sorry for what you have been through.  I've been watching from the beginning.  Some seasons were better than others. I will miss this show.

Esteemed Contributor

There are  two other spin offs to carry on

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

There are  two other spin offs to carry on

@skatting44   Three.

Maggie and Negan-Dead City

Daryl - Daryl Dixon  LOL  It was supposed to be Carol and Darryl but Melissa McBride could not commit at the time of production.

Michonne and Rick-Untitled as yet.

Fear the Walking Dead will continue but the above three are spin-offs of the original series.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Spoiler
What a sad ending with Rosita.  She was so strong and had tremendous skills.  She kept many persons safe  and always kept the group first, even when Abraham dumped her for Sasha.  His business, it was just the way he did it. 

I really thought it would be Lydia after losing an arm-gee she recovered and looked just great after.  LOL 

Overall I was glad to see the rest of the regulars survive but a bittersweet ending with Daryl riding off-it's too bad Melissa McBride could not commit to his spin-off. 
Esteemed Contributor

The part of the finale that I was waiting for was  Maggie telling Neegan that when she looks at him she sees him killing her husband , Glen, with  " Lucille " bat and she does not want to remember Glen  that way.  I never could buy the storyline when they did a rehab of Neegan's character to keep him playing future seasons.

That being said the actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan who played Neegan  did a tremendous job playing a role in seasons 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 .

The series did cast some of the " best " villian characters  such as  Shane Walsh ( Jonathan Edward Bernthal ) , the Governor ( David Morrissey ) ,  Alpha ( Samatha Morton )  , Jadis ( Pollyanna McIntosh ) .

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

The part of the finale that I was waiting for was  Maggie telling Neegan that when she looks at him she sees him killing her husband , Glen, with  " Lucille " bat and she does not want to remember Glen  that way.  I never could buy the storyline when they did a rehab of Neegan's character to keep him playing future seasons.

That being said the actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan who played Neegan  did a tremendous job playing a role in seasons 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 .

The series did cast some of the " best " villian characters  such as  Shane Walsh ( Jonathan Edward Bernthal ) , the Governor ( David Morrissey ) ,  Alpha ( Samatha Morton )  , Jadis ( Pollyanna McIntosh ) .

@skatting44   The Negan storyline just went on and on an on and on. Ok here comes the bat Lucille.  What a surprise.  *yawn*

I missed Shane-I was sorry he was written out.

David Morrissey (another Brit) is a tremendous actor and played the part to perfection.

I always like Smantha Morton (another Brit) so she kept my interest with the Whisperers.

Jadis was in World Beyond Walking Dead-I'm not sure the name she used since I didn't get into that one.

And although Merle Dixon was another nasty character, he did redeem himself by releasing Michonne and going after the Gov. himself.  Nobody could have played Merle like Michael Rooker, imo.

Frequent Contributor

It will be interesting to sample all three spinoffs.  I will give each a try. From season 1,   I loved the show but then they  started to lose me as a loyal viewer when we had to wait for a new season to see who "Lucille"  killed.  Then Rick disappeared and Michonne left HER CHILDREN (really???) to go find Rick. Along the way, they killed off another beloved character: Carl. I sort of watched the last couple of years when I remembered. I didn't care for most of the new characters nor the emphasis on Eugene.  All that being said, the finale was fantastic and memorable. 

Honored Contributor

The commercials were awesome and unexpected.

Walkers Rodney, Milton, Gareth & Andrea.

Clever

Honored Contributor

I did not watch the last episodes when the show came back from the winter break, but did watch last night.

I was so sad to see Rosita go, thinking of how young she was so pretty, and having made it so far, and all that she had gone through, now to have her baby, only to die and not be able to raise her.