Trusted Contributor

The Walking Dead Review (Spoilers)

Spoiler
Finally it's back!  I liked this episode for several reasons.  Our folks are all brought together again (except for Carol) and there were a few laughs here and there.  This episode generated alot of questions for me - What in the world is Father Gabriel up to?  (Some viewers think there was a cloaked figure in the car with him when he drove off from Alexandria.)  Where is Judith?  Who is Rick smiling at at the end of the episode? (Some viewers think this is the Whisperers from the comic book series.)   Who is sneaking around wearing the boots? 

I really enjoyed Talking Dead, too.  The guests were animated and interesting.   
Respected Contributor

Re: The Walking Dead Review (Spoilers)

I enjoyed last nights episode too.....

Spoiler
best line of the night:

We both had sex with the same dead guy. Doesn’t make us friends.
Honored Contributor

Sorry I didn't see your thread @Shogirl. I looked, too. I totally missed it. 

Although the characters were together once again, they seemed shallow for some reason and the dialogue was lacking. This episode was just not what I expected for a mid-season premiere. I think Father Gabriel, being the scaredy-cat that he is, took off to go with the Saviors and that's why he took all the food from the pantry.

Honored Contributor

Loved the scene on the highway! High anxiety is more like it! Really had my heart racing!

Regular Contributor

Just guessing on my part... I think that the person who's been spying on Rick & Co. (we've only seen their boots) is from the Oceanside group that Tara met up with. I think that Gabriel and she (I'm assuming since everyone at Oceanside is a woman) made an arrangement to join together, so Gabriel took whatever food and weapons Alexandria still had for the new merged group. Gabriel knew that Rick would find the clue he left in the bible and find them. I think that's why Rick was smiling in the end - he was looking at Gabriel and his new army.

Honored Contributor

I agree with @NewerNickname

Rick was grinning at Gabriel, busy putting together his own army!

Love the slice capades, Greg Nicotero always delivers!

I loved the episode.   Gregory was so funny RICH, RICKY, MARGARET

When we finally see the war, it will be epic.

Khary Payton was great on TTD.   He plays a great King Ezekiel.

Honored Contributor

@software

Khary is a hottie! em i right??

Honored Contributor

He's awesome!

I loved his story about the time he turned around and had to deliver his line facing Rick & the gang.    Minutes before they had been chatting & cutting up.    Then  he turns & sees them all scowling at him- in character.  Blew the line!

He seems so genuine & down to earth

@Andreatoo wrote:

@software

Valued Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@software

I love the scenes with Carol. They seem matched on many levels. Khary on Talking Dead just makes me happy watching him as he obviously loves being a part of the show. 

It is nice to see Darryl back with his group too. We need Carol to know what is happening and she can bring the King in. I think what Father Gabriel is doing will be critical to what happens later on this season.