Honored Contributor

Re: The Walking Dead Returns Sunday 10/22 *spoilers maybe*

@mousiegirl  Try Wiki- The Walking Dead (comic book).  It will give a brief summary for the issues in each volume.

""But tell me where do the children play"-Cat Stevens
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mousiegirl  Yes-Andrea lives and pairs up with Rick.  I think Michonne ends up with Morgan for a while.

Carol died at the prison and so did Juditth; Lori was killed and fell on the baby and the baby died.

Hershel lives longer than the prison.

Glenn does get Lucille;  Abraham dies with the arrow Dwight shot that killed Denise in the TV version instead of being killed by Negan.

Sophia lives and pairs up with Carl.

I skimmed through to see the differences and there were so many characters I didn't know in the graphic novels.

It really doesn't spoil anything; the writers of the TV show do a good job keeping the show and the graphic novels apart.

@Cakers3  Thank you. Smiley Happy  I will have to nose around.  Do I put graphic novels walking dead in the search box?

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  Yikes-this site is haunted.  I replied where to find the summaries of the graphic novels and it shows up above your post to me asking where to find them.

Wiki-The Walking Dead (comic book)-enter it just like that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gardengal55 wrote:

So glad the new season has started!  I,too, semi-binged the marathon this past week and refreshed my memory of past episodes.  Like others have said you certainly pick up things you missed the first and second times around.   Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride remain my favorites and so glad she is back with the group, but Jeffrey Dean Morgan sure is a hunk!  

I wondered also why Rick didn't kill Negan but I think this is so personal with Rick he wants to get up close and in his face when he gets him--maybe toy with him the way Negan did with the group. In other words, it won't be quick.

I've also wondered how this show is going to end (hopefully for not a long, long time-- another 100 episodes) and I can see Maggie's child being a boy and he and Judith taking over in the future to help establish a new nation, maybe with Carl?

I'm amused at all the English actors on the show--you never know until you see them on Talking Dead and here them speak.

I love your analysis of Maggie having a boy and he and Judith taking over in the future and maybe Carl will be included.

Maybe you should think about writing, you seem to have a good imagination.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Regular Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Gardengal55 wrote:

So glad the new season has started!  I,too, semi-binged the marathon this past week and refreshed my memory of past episodes.  Like others have said you certainly pick up things you missed the first and second times around.   Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride remain my favorites and so glad she is back with the group, but Jeffrey Dean Morgan sure is a hunk!  

I wondered also why Rick didn't kill Negan but I think this is so personal with Rick he wants to get up close and in his face when he gets him--maybe toy with him the way Negan did with the group. In other words, it won't be quick.

I've also wondered how this show is going to end (hopefully for not a long, long time-- another 100 episodes) and I can see Maggie's child being a boy and he and Judith taking over in the future to help establish a new nation, maybe with Carl?

I'm amused at all the English actors on the show--you never know until you see them on Talking Dead and here them speak.

I love your analysis of Maggie having a boy and he and Judith taking over in the future and maybe Carl will be included.

Maybe you should think about writing, you seem to have a good imagination.

Thanks for the compliment LG!  Funny you should say that but I have always loved to write and actually started out in journalism in college before I switched majors. I used to write short stories in my teens--always about horses, my first love!  My hubby has said more than a few (thousand) times--"You sure have some imagination!"

Respected Contributor

We are watching again and enjoyed the opening episode of this season.  Had to quit after the intro of "Lucelle" as it was too graphic.  But I do love to hate her owner!

CH is fantastic on "Talking!"

Honored Contributor

Speaking of "Glenn", new Christmas movie out this seaon, "The Star"

Steven Yeun is the voice of Bo the Donkey

You can probably find the trailer on the internet.

Honored Contributor

@Gardengal55 wrote:

@Gardengal55  Good points.

Kirkman said that he will never reveal the cause of the outbreak nor how it is contained. 

My guess is that eventually the dead will fade away with lack of "food"; they have been noted as slowing down and also seem more decayed.

I think it will end with Carl being the narrator of what happened-he knew the world before this happened and grew up learning to adapt to the apocalypse; how it ends will be his third experience in all of this-before, during, after, so to speak.

Since this series is really about Rick it would make sense for Carl to take over leading a section of the nation.  I don't know if we will see the USA as it was before.

Supposedly Fear the Walking Dead is going to overlap with TWD down the road.

Judith most likely will have an important role: after all Daryl did nickname her "little a** kicker".

There are really only two scenarios:  Either the walkers win and everyone ends up dead or as a zombie OR: the virus dies out along with the walkers and civilization is restored, although in a much different manner.

If Carl and Enid stay together they will be the new Rick/Michonne.  I think Maggie will be very important at Hilltop but I think her role will be more like Dianna as the head of a new community in the end, if she lives.

Interesting ideas being tossed about.

I also enjoy the British actors; always thought they were more polished in their acting training.  Just adore Lennie James when he speaks.

Regular Contributor

It will kill me if TWD should end without revealing the source of the infection--at least the catalyst since the Dr. at the CDC told Rick everyone carries the virus.  Was it a genetic mutation caused by some biohazard or military weapon gone awry? Or a natural selection? Was it unleashed by terrorists via air/water/food source? 

Am trying to imagine how the show will crossover with Fear.  

Honored Contributor

I was tense watching this episode, lol, all of the creeping around and kicking open doors not knowing what was on the other side.

It wasn't until the end that I realized who were the good guys and who were the bad during the outside shootout, so much action.

Now we have the mystery of the baby, wonder if it is Negan's, and wonder where he is hiding during all of this commotion.

The promo for next week scares me. Smiley Happy