Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Walking Dead Returns Sunday 10/22 *spoilers maybe*

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Hmm...I posted a response to @mousiegirl talking about Michonne and the deaths in the series and it is gone.

I don't know why my posts are disappearing; another one in Chat is also gone.

????

@Cakers3  You posted it in another thread. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  I quoted you so if it's showing up in another thread THAT is beyond bizarre.  I responded to the one you were talking about Michonne knocking out Rick and the deaths that were sad.

Where do you see it?

@Cakers3  If you are talking about your reply re who put Sophia in the barn, it is  this thread.  I didn't see a response to the Michonne/Rrick comment I made.  Maybe you didn't hit post, whoi knows, computers have a mind of their own at times.

The one about Michonne/Rick is the one missing.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Regular Contributor

So glad the new season has started!  I,too, semi-binged the marathon this past week and refreshed my memory of past episodes.  Like others have said you certainly pick up things you missed the first and second times around.   Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride remain my favorites and so glad she is back with the group, but Jeffrey Dean Morgan sure is a hunk!  

I wondered also why Rick didn't kill Negan but I think this is so personal with Rick he wants to get up close and in his face when he gets him--maybe toy with him the way Negan did with the group. In other words, it won't be quick.

I've also wondered how this show is going to end (hopefully for not a long, long time-- another 100 episodes) and I can see Maggie's child being a boy and he and Judith taking over in the future to help establish a new nation, maybe with Carl?

I'm amused at all the English actors on the show--you never know until you see them on Talking Dead and here them speak.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Hmm...I posted a response to @mousiegirl talking about Michonne and the deaths in the series and it is gone.

I don't know why my posts are disappearing; another one in Chat is also gone.

????

@Cakers3  You posted it in another thread. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  I quoted you so if it's showing up in another thread THAT is beyond bizarre.  I responded to the one you were talking about Michonne knocking out Rick and the deaths that were sad.

Where do you see it?

@Cakers3  If you are talking about your reply re who put Sophia in the barn, it is  this thread.  I didn't see a response to the Michonne/Rrick comment I made.  Maybe you didn't hit post, whoi knows, computers have a mind of their own at times.

@mousiegirl  No not that post-I see that one.  It was this evening in response to the one where you mentioned me and some others.  It's just gone.

Oh well. 

I did LOL at Michonne knocking out Rick and *sob* Tyreese's hat on the grave.

Hershel's death and Glenn's death were two more that really hurt.

@Cakers3  How did I ever forget to mention Glenn - his death was heartwrenching, couldn't ever bear to see it again.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  We were doing a marathon on Netflix and that scene is also one I cannot watch again, ever.  It was bad enough the first time. 

I knew Tyreese had signed onto a new show on Sy-Fi and Noah had signed onto the new Criminal Minds so I knew their time was coming, but it was still so sad.

And Glenn supposedly was signed onto something on Netflix so it was just a matter of time for him.  I figured it would be that scene with Abraham also getting killed.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mousiegirl  We were doing a marathon on Netflix and that scene is also one I cannot watch again, ever.  It was bad enough the first time. 

I knew Tyreese had signed onto a new show on Sy-Fi and Noah had signed onto the new Criminal Minds so I knew their time was coming, but it was still so sad.

And Glenn supposedly was signed onto something on Netflix so it was just a matter of time for him.  I figured it would be that scene with Abraham also getting killed.

@Cakers3  I knew about Glenn having a new show, but not the others.  I will have to look for Noah on Criminal Minds.  Now that I think about it,  I have seen him but just didn't realize it was him.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  Noah was in Criminal Minds International Borders.  I think it was cancelled, though.

Not sure of the show Tyreese went to;  I only find out about new ventures by looking up the actors bios. 

Of course some deaths are just that the character is written off but some are due to new ventures.

I also found an interesting summary of the graphic novels compared to the series.  Wiki probably.

Who died at a different time, who ended up together (Andrea and Rick), and who wasn't in the comics at all like Daryl.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mousiegirl  Noah was in Criminal Minds International Borders.  I think it was cancelled, though.

Not sure of the show Tyreese went to;  I only find out about new ventures by looking up the actors bios. 

Of course some deaths are just that the character is written off but some are due to new ventures.

I also found an interesting summary of the graphic novels compared to the series.  Wiki probably.

Who died at a different time, who ended up together (Andrea and Rick), and who wasn't in the comics at all like Daryl.

@Cakers3  Andrea and Rick, I don't think so, lol, but it is fascinating.  I watched a little of the comic book show, kept falling asleep, and the books were going for $350, the price on one being reduced because it had greasy fingerprints on it, ugh, the guy selling is a slob,. lol.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Cakers3  Though I didn't watch the Borders series, I did see bits of it so that must be where I saw Noah briefly.

Andrea and Rick, I don't think so, lol, but it is fascinating.  I watched a little of the comic book show, kept falling asleep, and the books were going for $350, the price on one being reduced because it had greasy fingerprints on it, ugh, the guy selling is a slob,. lol.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  Yes-Andrea lives and pairs up with Rick.  I think Michonne ends up with Morgan for a while.

Carol died at the prison and so did Juditth; Lori was killed and fell on the baby and the baby died.

Hershel lives longer than the prison.

Glenn does get Lucille;  Abraham dies with the arrow Dwight shot that killed Denise in the TV version instead of being killed by Negan.

Sophia lives and pairs up with Carl.

I skimmed through to see the differences and there were so many characters I didn't know in the graphic novels.

It really doesn't spoil anything; the writers of the TV show do a good job keeping the show and the graphic novels apart.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mousiegirl  Yes-Andrea lives and pairs up with Rick.  I think Michonne ends up with Morgan for a while.

Carol died at the prison and so did Juditth; Lori was killed and fell on the baby and the baby died.

Hershel lives longer than the prison.

Glenn does get Lucille;  Abraham dies with the arrow Dwight shot that killed Denise in the TV version instead of being killed by Negan.

Sophia lives and pairs up with Carl.

I skimmed through to see the differences and there were so many characters I didn't know in the graphic novels.

It really doesn't spoil anything; the writers of the TV show do a good job keeping the show and the graphic novels apart.

@Cakers3  thank you. Smiley Happy  I will have to nose around.  do I put graphic novels walking dead in the search box?