Honored Contributor

Re: The Walking Dead Returns Sunday 10/22 *spoilers maybe*

@Gardengal55 wrote:

It will kill me if TWD should end without revealing the source of the infection--at least the catalyst since the Dr. at the CDC told Rick everyone carries the virus.  Was it a genetic mutation caused by some biohazard or military weapon gone awry? Or a natural selection? Was it unleashed by terrorists via air/water/food source? 

Am trying to imagine how the show will crossover with Fear.  

@Gardengal55  Kirkman said the source/cure of the virus would be "boring" to include in the series.  He wants TWD to be about survival.  Although he did say that there are hints here and there for fans to toss around theories.

Unless down the road there will be a mini-series about how the virus started and how it will be cured-but I would imagine that would happen once TWD ends for good.

Not sure how the cross-over would work; I don't follow FTWD.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  Interesting how that woman with the Saviors thought that attackers were not brave enough to enter the compound-until she saw the dead Saviors turning into zombies and realized that the Saviors would be facing much worse-and she ended up bit.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mousiegirl  Interesting how that woman with the Saviors thought that attackers were not brave enough to enter the compound-until she saw the dead Saviors turning into zombies and realized that the Saviors would be facing much worse-and she ended up bit.

@Cakers3   Also interesting is the fact that I did not realize this until watching Talking Dead, lol.  I was busy trying to keep track of/figure out, who were the good guys and who were the bad, lol.

I see Gabriel survived, at least for this episode.  At first when I saw him open his eyes, I though he had turned, lol, am I paranoid or what!

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Gardengal55 wrote:

It will kill me if TWD should end without revealing the source of the infection--at least the catalyst since the Dr. at the CDC told Rick everyone carries the virus.  Was it a genetic mutation caused by some biohazard or military weapon gone awry? Or a natural selection? Was it unleashed by terrorists via air/water/food source? 

Am trying to imagine how the show will crossover with Fear.  

@Gardengal55  Kirkman said the source/cure of the virus would be "boring" to include in the series.  He wants TWD to be about survival.  Although he did say that there are hints here and there for fans to toss around theories.

Unless down the road there will be a mini-series about how the virus started and how it will be cured-but I would imagine that would happen once TWD ends for good.

Not sure how the cross-over would work; I don't follow FTWD.

@Cakers3  I do watch Fear the Walking Dead and thought all of the main characters and maybe the entire band with them, would cross over, as the group is on the move again, can't wait to see this.  I can see Maddie and her daughter, also a few others being great assets for Rick's group.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  We did watch FTWD for a few episodes when it was new but lost interest.

I think the crossover will be like something you see with L&O SVU in an episode with Chicago PD, as an example, but not the two being combined permanently.

Honored Contributor

I've mentioned this before, maybe not here but I post on other Walking Dead forums.   In FTWD the proctors talk about Houston - the oil refineries, the infrastructure.    Abraham & Eugene came from Houston, Eugene mentions that in one of the episodes.    Since FTWD is early on, it's possible the proctors could meet up with Abraham-- cross paths.  It would be a great way to see Abraham again.

I love that there are so many characters and so much action.

My favorite season was on the farm, so many characters, so much drama, great dialog and last night didn't disappoint (11/5)

While we have so much going on, the writers give us some great one-on-one action too - Rick/Daryl, Maggie/Gregory, Aaron/Eric, Rick/Morales.

Ride with Norman was great also, another episode Monday night.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3  I was tense watching the scenes with King Ezekiel, but glad he wasn't killed, yet, and I covered my eyes and muted the tv when Shiva was done away with.  I had been thinking that she would go at some point, but I would much rather someone had shot her, really thought this is the way she would leave, and HATE that she was killed the way she was, and I have to ask why it was done this way, for more dramatic effect, it would still have been very sad if she were shot, didn't have to end this horrific way.

Love the scene with Daryl following the truck with the guns, and when he got the guy in the truck, that was great!  I always love Carol's scenes.