Honored Contributor

The Walking Dead Returns Sunday 10/22 *spoilers maybe*

[ Edited ]

Shoot-season premieres the same time as Poldark is on so we will have to wait after the inane Talking Dead is over to catch TWD season premiere.

I put "spoilers maybe" in case this thread survives after the season premiere.

Image result for walking dead daryl gif season 8

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

Re: The Walking Dead Returns Sunday 10/22 *spoilers maybe*

Can’t wait!!!!!

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

I need to watch reruns of last season because I can't remember everything that happened.  I've been anticipating the return for a couple of weeks.

Respected Contributor

I enjoy talking dead too.

Frequent Contributor

I watch both The Walking Dead and Poldark but I’ll definitely watch TWD Sunday. Poldark hasn’t been as interesting to me this season for some reason. I also typically enjoy Talking Dead, depending on the guests.

Honored Contributor

I've been watching the marathon off & on all week.

The S7 finale will show prior to the new episode Sunday night and it's supposed to have a bonus scene not in the original.   Hmm?  

There's also been a couple of "specials" this week as well.  Tonight at 8 central is a cast special, not sure if it's the same one I saw earlier in the week.    Last night was a special on the walkers, but I slept through it!    It's been a long week.

I'm a huge fan, I only live 3 hours from the filming location but due to health problems past couple of years, I haven't been able to get over there.   I understand the town has really embraced the cast & fans.   Maybe in the spring.

Honored Contributor

Pasting my post from earlier this week on another thread.

I am losing sleep watching the marathon, lol, wish it ended at midnight instead of 3:00 am.  Every time I watch it, I see something I missed before either by falling asleep or by not concentrating as I am always doing something around the house when it is on.  I actually missed Sophia's demise as I must have left the room for a few seconds, came back, and it was over, but I do remember it.  I wonder if Herschel knew who she was when he put her in the barn, if not, he should have as how many little girls does anyone see amongst the walkers, very few. 

I hadn't remembered, or didn't see before, that Rick killed Shane, and the screen was so dark that mostly I heard what was happening rather than saw it, except after Shane was dead.

I always skip the first episode of season 7, never want to see that horror again, but of course I can't forget it.  

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I am losing sleep watching the marathon, lol, wish it ended at midnight instead of 3:00 am.  Every time I watch it, I see something I missed before either by falling asleep or by not concentrating as I am always doing something around the house when it is on.  I actually missed Sophia's demise as I must have left the room for a few seconds, came back, and it was over, but I do remember it.  I wonder if Herschel knew who she was when he put her in the barn, if not, he should have as how many little girls does anyone see amongst the walkers, very few. 

I hadn't remembered, or didn't see before, that Rick killed Shane, and the screen was so dark that mostly I heard what was happening rather than saw it, except after Shane was dead.

I always skip the first episode of season 7, never want to see that horror again, but of course I can't forget it.  

Otis put Sophia in the barn but like you, it had to be a topic of conversation to find a child.   And many of the people in the barn were family members or neighbors.  I'd like to think if Herschel knew a child was in the barn he would have told Rick when he found out they were searching for a child.  Ya know?   Ding ding, isn't there a connection??

S7.1 is brutal, I don't care to rewatch either.   But I will watch the last episode again, don't want to give too much away so I'll just say Negan & Sasha!

I lost a lot of sleep last week as well and I did miss some episodes I wanted to rewatch.   Probably the reason I was so tired Friday and fell asleep early!

I liked Andrea and I did see her demise again this week.   So sad.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

Otis put Sophia in the barn but like you, it had to be a topic of conversation to find a child.   And many of the people in the barn were family members or neighbors.  I'd like to think if Herschel knew a child was in the barn he would have told Rick when he found out they were searching for a child.  Ya know?   Ding ding, isn't there a connection??

S7.1 is brutal, I don't care to rewatch either.   But I will watch the last episode again, don't want to give too much away so I'll just say Negan & Sasha!

I lost a lot of sleep last week as well and I did miss some episodes I wanted to rewatch.   Probably the reason I was so tired Friday and fell asleep early!

I liked Andrea and I did see her demise again this week.   So sad.

@software  Loved the Sasha and Negan scene, too bad she wasn't able to finish, but he will get his, eventually.

Honored Contributor

I don't recall Otis being the one to put Sophia in the barn.  It took at least 2 people to capture a walker in Hershel's group.

I believe Hershel didn't know at first that Sophia was the child in the barn, but once Rick's group continued to search, he did.  Remember the scene between Maggie and Hershel where Maggie went to say something but Hershel shook his head "no"?

I think Hershel, with all good intentions, thought he could protect Sophia since he knew Rick's group didn't believe that the walkers could be cured.  Hershel thought there would be a cure as he indicated about the AIDS epidemic.

Oh and Poldark will repeat Monday afternoon so tomorrow is on for the early showing of TWD! 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh