Honored Contributor

Re: The Walking Dead Returned *SPOILERS*

The theme for Diverged was obvious.

Will Carol & Daryl fix their relationship

They both have the tools.

Next week is the finale finale Here's Negan.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@softwareYes they will because David Boyd mentioned the spin-off on Talking Dead.  I usually do not watch Talking Dead unless it is a person I want to see and I wanted to see Cooper Andrews.

So the Carol and Daryl spin-off for next year seems to have the green light.

I think the spin-off will start filming next year but not air until 2023.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@software wrote:

@softwareYes they will because David Boyd mentioned the spin-off on Talking Dead.  I usually do not watch Talking Dead unless it is a person I want to see and I wanted to see Cooper Andrews.

So the Carol and Daryl spin-off for next year seems to have the green light.

I think the spin-off will start filming next year but not air until 2023.

@Cakers3   Daryl and Carol have always been my two favorite characters since the very beginning. When I first read about the Daryl/Carol spin off I was really surprised. Haven't they beaten this horse to death yet? Seriously, there are already two spin offs, do we really need another one with characters we've already watched for the past 11 years?

I didn't see Sunday's episode, but I was channel surfing and saw Daryl using a flashlight. The ZA happened what . . . about 11 years ago? And they still have working batteries for the flashlights? Maybe they learned how to recharge them with coconut shells like the Professor did on Gilligan's Island, LOL! 

Honored Contributor

@lmt   LOL  Well name brand batteries do claim to be usable for what-20 years as long as unopened?

I agree about spin-offs, though.

Fear was a no-no when it started but then we went back to marathon and once they left LA it picked up.  Now with this character Vriginia-blah.

I couldn't get into the new one with the teens.

I miss Michonne the most but Carol and Daryl are right up there for me, too.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3   I miss Michonne, too!

I stopped watching Fear shortly after they killed off Cliff Curtis' character. He was the only reason I watched the show. I couldn't stand the characters of Madison and Nick. I think both of the actors who portrayed them were terrible. 

I watched maybe 20 minutes of the newest spin off, It was beyond bad . . . and boring!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lmt wrote:

@Cakers3   I miss Michonne, too!

I stopped watching Fear shortly after they killed off Cliff Curtis' character. He was the only reason I watched the show. I couldn't stand the characters of Madison and Nick. I think both of the actors who portrayed them were terrible. 

I watched maybe 20 minutes of the newest spin off, It was beyond bad . . . and boring!!

@lmt   Madison and Nick-bad acting for sure. 

I do like Victor Strand  and Daniel Salazar.

And Skidmark the cat.  LOL

I also kept interest because I knew Morgan was crossing over from Walking Dead and also Dwight was coming on board.

I can do without Jenna Elfman but I do like Garret Dillahunt as John Dorie.

I've lost interest, though, with this Virginia character.  It's getting too stretched out like it did with Negan on Walking Dead.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of Lennie James, he plays the father of James Brown in the movie Get on Up.

Totally different character than Morgan.

It's a terrible movie, I only watched it because of Chadwick Boseman, who plays James Brown.   I wanted this movie to be good.    

Honored Contributor

I havn't enjoyed the episodes upon the return from last Fall, so am glad it is over.  All I learned last night is that Negan was a gym teacher, and that he wasn't present when his wife died.  On to The Fear of the Walking Dead, hope that continues to be good.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I havn't enjoyed the episodes upon the return from last Fall, so am glad it is over.  All I learned last night is that Negan was a gym teacher, and that he wasn't present when his wife died.  On to The Fear of the Walking Dead, hope that continues to be good.

@mousiegirl   When Negan was locked in that trailer with Father Gabriel he did mention being a gym teacher and how he mistreated his wife (affair).  He also mentioned the cancer.

I wasn't thrilled with this episode but even though he called his bat "Lucille" it was interesting to see how the bat came into his possession.

The writers are just closing up the characters since the series finale is in August this year.

I also could have done without his RL wife playing Lucille.  For me it took away from the storyline.  We know the story is fictional but all I kept seeing is Hillarie Burton as his RL wife and felt the fiction part was not as strong as it could have been.

When RL spouses are played as fictional spouses-for me all I see is the RL spouse.

And I'm getting tired of Maggie's dirty looks at Negan...Ok we get it.  He killed Glenn.  He killed others in their group, too.

Negan smirked at the end of that episode-I don't think he feels sorry about Glenn at all.