Honored Contributor

The Walking Dead Returned *SPOILERS*

I don't know if we have any fans left but TWD returned last night. 

Summer 2021 will be the series finale.

It was blah, imo.  I kept up with it to follow Michonne's departure but it seems as though there is just going to be a mish-mash of character storylines each week,

Maggie one week, Daryl the next week, Eugene after that-everyone all split up.

I did enjoy seeing young Hershel-what a cute kid and so much like Glenn.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Regular Contributor

Re: The Walking Dead Returned *SPOILERS*

[ Edited ]

I agree, not an exciting episode. I feel like this show has overstayed its welcome so I'm both sad and glad the final episodes are coming up.

I'm actually looking forward to "Fear" coming back in April.

Honored Contributor

If not for the pandemic, we would have had a better finale for season 10.

I do want to see what Daryl was doing all those months in the woods.

At least it looks like we'll see flashbacks, all we know of Maggie is what she said.

I also want to see Negan's backstory, we'll get to meet Mrs. Negan, played by his wife IRL.  

The actor  playing Hershel is adorable.

All the kids are.

Honored Contributor

Last night was a DUD.  Most of it I had seen in a previous episode, and kept changing the channel.  The magic touch seems to be gone, maybe writers are putting all imagination into the movies.

Honored Contributor

I actually liked last nights night episode.  Fr. Gabriel is stepping up and changing.  I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but Gabriel shocked me..for once.

There are just so many different story lines going on with everyone seperated .  If you don't pay attention and watch every episode, you will get lost.

Next week should be interesting.  I love Princess...can't wait to see the whole interrogation with her.  I can't figure out if she is a smart cookie or an airhead.

Honored Contributor

Agree about everyone all apart.  I actually liked Fr. Gabriel and Aaron last night and actually wondered if Robert Patrick would end up on the series.

One thing I never understood-Fr. Gabriel burned his collar in the road way back when they were on the road before Alexandria.

So he must have quite a few spares.

He has his full priest outfit (most of the time) so I guess even in a zombie apocalypse priest clothing stores are left alone-nobody wants to look like a priest. 

Or when teams go out to scavenge-they pick up a few priest outfits.

Canned goods.  Check.

Water.  Check.

Medical supplies.  Check.

Priest outfits.  Check

LOL

Respected Contributor

At one time this was one of my favorite shows. When they killed off Carl that was the beginning of the end for me.

The show has been circling the drain for years. 

I saw bits and pieces of the episode when Maggie came back. Very anticlimactic. Little Hershel is a cutie.

I haven't even bothered watching the last two episodes.

The only episode I intend to watch is the one which features Negan's deceased wife Lucille. She is being played by Hilarie Burton, the real life wife of Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was disappointed in Daryl's episode.

It was more about Leah than him.

I just can't believe he had this whole other life for years & no one knew.

But back in a way previous episode, Carol did say something like "and you are going to keep her dog?"

But the episode with Fr. Gabe & Aaron & Robert Patrick was outstanding.   Add another 20 minutes and it would have made a great movie. 

I usually don't watch Talking Dead now, the "zoom" thing annoys me.    Those actors are in close contact while working, why can't they keep their distance and film in a large room?   I always get this subliminal virtue signaling message.   But anyway, it came on right after the episode & it was  probably the best TD ever.   The actors were all so well spoken & you could tell they made a great effort to make the episode look effortless. 

@Carmie I was thinking any woman who has lasted this long, alone, can't be an airhead.  I think she has come up with unconventional ways to survive but she's no airhead.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I was disappointed in Daryl's episode.

It was more about Leah than him.

I just can't believe he had this whole other life for years & no one knew.

But back in a way previous episode, Carol did say something like "and you are going to keep her dog?"

But the episode with Fr. Gabe & Aaron & Robert Patrick was outstanding.   Add another 20 minutes and it would have made a great movie. 

I usually don't watch Talking Dead now, the "zoom" thing annoys me.    Those actors are in close contact while working, why can't they keep their distance and film in a large room?   I always get this subliminal virtue signaling message.   But anyway, it came on right after the episode & it was  probably the best TD ever.   The actors were all so well spoken & you could tell they made a great effort to make the episode look effortless. 

@Carmie I was thinking any woman who has lasted this long, alone, can't be an airhead.  I think she has come up with unconventional ways to survive but she's no airhead.

@software   Those were the years Daryl left looking for Rick-he doesn't believe Rick is dead because at one point he said there was no body.

There is a 7 year time jump so those years are being filled in.

Carol knew Daryl was out looking for Rick and kept it between them.  Daryl wanted to be alone but it seems he hadn't wandered too far since she was able to see him from time to time.

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

At one time this was one of my favorite shows. When they killed off Carl that was the beginning of the end for me.

The show has been circling the drain for years. 

I saw bits and pieces of the episode when Maggie came back. Very anticlimactic. Little Hershel is a cutie.

I haven't even bothered watching the last two episodes.

The only episode I intend to watch is the one which features Negan's deceased wife Lucille. She is being played by Hilarie Burton, the real life wife of Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

@lmt   Agree about Carl and also how Chandler Riggs was blindsided when his contract was not renewed.  Considering the graphic novels, now finished, ended with Carl.

He was supposed to be the future and now the group is so all over the place I don't see any of them being leaders.

I never cared for Maggie-and her return is just blah-the other series she was in tanked and she did have an opening to return if that happened so that's all I see now with her.

More Maggie and Negan.  *eyeroll*