Honored Contributor

Re: The Walking Dead - Feb. 12

When the Gov showed up, Tara lied & said she was Atlanta Police to intimidate him.

Her girlfriend was National Guard.

@Andreatoo wrote:

@software

I don't recall anything about a police officer but when she and her family took in the governor didn't she say she was in the military? Maybe national guard?

What I do know is that she's the worst actor that they've kept around for so long!

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

When the Gov showed up, Tara lied & said she was Atlanta Police to intimidate him.

Her girlfriend was National Guard.

@Andreatoo wrote:

@software

I don't recall anything about a police officer but when she and her family took in the governor didn't she say she was in the military? Maybe national guard?

What I do know is that she's the worst actor that they've kept around for so long!

@software  I thought she was great in the episode Swear.  She isn't given much to do.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the Rosita explanation @straykatz!

Respected Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom, I felt it was cartoonish as this particular episode did not show much story depth or acting depth.  There was some humorous exaggeration, and it just felt unrealistic to me.  I mean, I know it's a horror drama show, but I did not feel this episode was directed or acted as well as it could have been.  My opinion, of course...

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Ilovetea

The actress playing Michonne is American.

Yes she is and still has an accent. Danai Guriria was born in the USA to parents who left what is now Zimbabwe. Her family moved back to Zimbabwe when the country gained independence and she was five. She moved back to the US to attend college.  When she first started doing interviews after coming on the show, her accent to me was very pronounced. It does not seem as pronounced now but is still noticeable if you listen to her speak in interviews. 

Lauren Cohan, who plays Maggie, was also born in the US to an American father and British mother. She has dual citizenship and didn't move to England until she was a teen. If you have seen her in interviews, her accent is really strong.

Respected Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

I understand that it is based on a comic book series, and from what I've read, that it is staying reasonably true to it.  That being said, I thought the last show before the mid-season premier was really good.  The acting was good, and you really felt what the characters were feeling esp. the reunion at the end.  This mid-season premier?  For me, it was mediocre at best.  I didn't feel the acting was that good, and how is it that Rosita has become a bomb expert?  lol  I felt this episode was very cartoonish for lack of a better word...not much depth, and I wasn't drawn into it at all.  I will keep watching, but I was disappointed in this episode.

Rosita was brought into the show with Abraham - who was military

I googled her character and found this info:

Rosita has past Military experience indicating that she may have served as a soldier, additionally she has demonstrated to possess a proficient knowledge of engineering meaning that she could have been a mechanic 

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Rosita_Espinosa_(TV_Series)

Yes that is expanded upon in the tv version in the comics Rosita's past was left open. 

Honored Contributor

@Ilovetea wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Ilovetea

The actress playing Michonne is American.

Yes she is and still has an accent. Danai Guriria was born in the USA to parents who left what is now Zimbabwe. Her family moved back to Zimbabwe when the country gained independence and she was five. She moved back to the US to attend college.  When she first started doing interviews after coming on the show, her accent to me was very pronounced. It does not seem as pronounced now but is still noticeable if you listen to her speak in interviews. 

Lauren Cohan, who plays Maggie, was also born in the US to an American father and British mother. She has dual citizenship and didn't move to England until she was a teen. If you have seen her in interviews, her accent is really strong.

@Ilovetea  I thought she was Southern as that's the way she sounds to me when she talks. Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was enjoying the storyline and the lack of gore and zombies.  The two cars and cable, mowing them down at the middle of the show was exciting.  We did wonder why they decided to get in the car in the middle of the mob, this was out of character for them to be so reckless.  The head of the saviors who was looking for Darrel did seem cartoonish in his acting.  We both noticed how bad Darrel look in the episode, but I was forced to listen to Easy Street that loud and long I would have torn out my hair.....