Honored Contributor

One word....disastrous.

What a HUGE letdown for me. Not sure if I will continue to watch the rest of this season.

Anyone else watch? Thoughts?

Trusted Contributor

Re: The Walking Dead - Feb. 12

REALLY??  I just started another post because I didn't see any other posts.  I enjoyed the show immensely but maybe because I was so looking forward to it. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

One word....disastrous.

What a HUGE letdown for me. Not sure if I will continue to watch the rest of this season.

Anyone else watch? Thoughts?

I enjoyed it....seemed a bit slow in spots but overall it was a good introduction of Rick's gang to the Kingdom.  

Why did you feel let down?   

Honored Contributor

I took this series off my dvr several episodes ago. I found it lackluster and very boring! Yeah, yeah we know Negan is a mean sun-of-a-gun but there's only so much you can do with his character. I find all the other actors are really done with this series. They don't seem believable anymore. Oh well, I never was much of a fan of this series anyway.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Negan has to be so horrible & over the top for when the time comes he gets knocked off his pedestal, it will that much more delicious.

Just like killing the Governor after what he did to Hershel & the prison.

Oh what joy!

Valued Contributor

This season has been rather lackluster for me. I was expecting so much when this season started but have been waiting to see how the season played out to decide if I would keep watching. The mid season premiere is a step in the right direction and I think will be worth it. 

This year they seem to be wanting to go to extremes. Negan has always been over the top and overplayed and this has disappointed me more than anything this year. When Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohan's characters (Rick and Maggie)  get emotional, their accents get unbearable. There are many British and Australian actors on the show but the those two accents have always bugged me the most. The guy who plays Jesus and the one who plays Michonne have the best, most consistent US accents of the bunch.

Esteemed Contributor

As I mentioned in a previous post we still haven't moved into permanent housing, don't have cable where we are staying.  I was so bummed that I would miss the beginning of the new season but it appears I didn't miss much.  Sorry to hear that some of you think you may not continue to watch the show.  I have been with it since the beginning and yes, there were times it was slow but that never lasted long, so give it a chance, it will pick up.  I'm depending on all of you  who post until I am able to watch it myself, you will be my eyes and ears for a few more weeks.  See you next Sunday.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Frequent Contributor

I'm all in!  I like the show but must admit that I record it on DVR and

when there are really gory scenes I fast forward through them. 

Also one of the guys on our local radio station in Orlando has a part in this season.  He was the one on the horse when they were

waiting to see if they could go into the kingdom.  He wasn't Richard but the other guy with the sword.  He has also been in other things like Idenity thef and he has a supposedly fairly big part on the last seaon of Bloodline on Netflix but since I don't have Netflix I haven't seen that show.  It makes it more fun seeing someone from your area in the show but I liked it befor he was ever even a thought.

Honored Contributor

It was "Eh" for my family (for those in my house that watch it). Here's my issue:

They're living in the Dark Ages. How long did that period last? A loooooooong time. Every episode is the same thing to the point it's boring. How long are you going to drag out the Dark Ages? If they offered something different, say... meeting a  scientist who may know what caused it or someone who can shed light on where the big whigs of government are or ANYTHING to bring a different story line beyond....

Death...Battle....Death....Suffering....Battle.....Death...Repeat for years to come.

I'm bored. Just.....bored.

Frequent Contributor

Ok guys, but who didn't get a kick out of the two cars mowing down the walkers?

I enjoy the show more when there are walkers. It's gotten away from the zombie situation into a human badmen situation.