Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Walking Dead 2/28/16 with possible spoilers

I am taking care of my normal Sunday activities all in preparation for the "Don't mess with me hour". That's what I call it, the phone should not ring, no emergencies should appear, and time stands still as I watch TWD.

I look forward to posting and sharing thoughts with everyone tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I am taking care of my normal Sunday activities all in preparation for the "Don't mess with me hour". That's what I call it, the phone should not ring, no emergencies should appear, and time stands still as I watch TWD.

I look forward to posting and sharing thoughts with everyone tomorrow.

@icezeus lol love it- the "Don't mess with icezues hour"!

I look forward to everyone's thoughts. I think we are actually going to try to watch the show in realtime! Shocking, I know! Please everyone,  try to use the spoiler tag for those that haven't had the chance to see it but still want to participate in thread. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I realize we don't know where this is going yet, but I was not unhappy

Spoiler
when Gregory got stabbed.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

D*mn Maggie is good!!!!!  I was a bit concerned about the boss Gregory but Maggie saved the day.  Everytime I think maybe, just maybe things are looking up it all goes to pieces.   I saw Jesus on The Talking Dead last week and in person he is really good looking minus all the fake hair he wears on the show.  Rick and the group are going to have another fight on their hands. I hate that, it makes me very nervous!!!!  See you all next week.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Yes if Negan does what he does in the comics it will set the tone for the next year. If he does something to someone else instead of following the comics, I can only imagine what direction the show would be going.

Trusted Contributor

Here's my 2 cents -

Spoiler
The way the show started out, my husband says this is turning into a soap opera. 

I was hoping when Gregory was stabbed, that was the end of him.

Jesus' facial hair and most of his own hair on his head is real, as proven on the Talking Dead.  I was hoping he would be on TTD and they did not disappoint! 

Someone asked how many episodes - I believe it is 8. 

I agree with Rick in being proactive about going after Negan, as opposed to just sitting and waiting for him to find them.  Because you know it will happen!  I think Rick almost seems too cocky, though, in his quest for Negan - like, no problem, we've done it before and we can do it again. 

I wish I had some friends who watched TWD so I could have a watch party, but, alas, none of them watch this show.  So, it's me and my husband (and I've only just convinced him to watch the show with me starting this season), and he is only mildly interested at this point.

Next week's episode looks like it will be filled with action.  Interesting that the latest action hasn't involved very many Walkers.  I'm not sure how I feel about that!
Respected Contributor

It is following the comics. The human story always takes the fore front over just gratuitous walkers being killed. Plus they just went through a huge walker killing. 

Honored Contributor

@Shogirl thanks for using the spoiler tag! I agree on many of your points.

I do miss the shows with more walkers as I think the special effects and makeup are why alot of us watch, in addition to the stories. If it was just stories I wouldn't be as interested. Give me walkers! lol!

I have the comic books but haven't read them through yet but I am not even wanting to try to compare them with the comic books- to me, they are two seperate things. The writers said they aren't following the books to a "T" as already been evident by all the changes they made so I don't swear by comic book spoilers. If they would have followed the comic books to a T i'd already be mad so I am glad they are veering off.

I hope it doesn't become a soap opera either, that would turn me off. I think fighting and surviving in this zombie world is drama enough without internal love drama and baby things.

My take on last nights show:

Spoiler
Okay first what is up with Abraham? Is he trying to decide between rosita and Sasha? He said he wanted to be with Sasha and had work to do when he got back but he is now back with Rosita? I dont' get that.  But you noticed, he lost Rosita's necklace so I think that is foreshadowing which way he is going. LOL he had, again, some of the funniest moments in this show.

I didn't like Gregory's character at all. I don't know if it was bad writing or bad acting but it was like one minute he was nomral, next he was talking about odd things, then he was angry. It was like he had multiple personalities. Then, after he got stabbed, he was just normal (although still a jerk). I don't like him so far.

Jesus is a cutie, isn't he?? I hope he sticks around for awhile.

The whole part about there being all these other groups around to trade with seems a it farfetched being how our group (and the Alexandria group before they came) has scouted out for days at a time and never came across any other groups like that. I mean, Jesus group was only a day's drive away.

Rick was awesome, lol! And loved when Michonne manhandled that chick that was beating on Rick, lol. Power team!

You know someone is going down in the finale based on how they were alluding to that in this episode. I still think it may be Glenn. I really don't think it will be Daryl, Rick, Michonne or Carol BUT if they really wanted to throw us into a whirlwind, it will be one of them. I mean, that one guy did say everyone who hooks up with RIck dies sooooooo......

I thought the episode was pretty good. I am glad Jesus is a good guy and I am glad that they are being proactive with Negan although, like they said, there will be a price to pay.

Honored Contributor

@Shogirl I meant to say that Jesus' facial hair and hair WAS fake in that episode. He said they were extensions and a fake beard because he hadn't had time to grow them out in time for this episode. He now has his own real hair and beard but @Lindsays Grandma was right, it was fake in this episode. I am not sure how many episodes into this it will be his real hair/beard but I am sure we will be able to tell when it switches over. HTH!

Honored Contributor

@KayinMN wrote:
What? I thought Daryl blew up Negan? Why is everyone saying he will be back? Anyway "JESUS" is with that group that messed with Daryl. He probably was a magician back in the day!

@KayinMN Jesus is not with Negan's group and, as another poster stated, Negan was not in the group that Daryl blew up but that WAS a group of Negan's people.