Trusted Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I don't think the show ever was really about the singers.  If it were, we wouldn't be given the back stories, we would be judging on their voices.  

The back stories were also used on AI. However, a good amount of time on The Voice was spent with Adam and Blake sparring and insulting each other. The other thing I wonder is what happened to any of the winners. Did any of them hit the big time?

@RainCityWoman 

To answer your question if any of the winners hit it big,  I believe there was only a couple who had success with country music - Cassadee Pope and Danielle Bradbery.  Definitely not in the category of Carrie underwood or Kelly Clarkson.  

The audiences for these shows don't vote with their wallet.  They vote emotionally hence Carter winning the voice a couple seasons ago.  I could tell all along he would win but never felt he had any marketability to be successful especially at his young age.

Esteemed Contributor

I am still watching the show and for the most part enjoying it. Although, it's starting get a bit long in the tooth. I generally enjoy Kelley and Blake, but Kelley was a bit whiny the first night which was starting to grate on my nerves.

I rarely think any of the artist are that great in the blind auditions, its when they start the battles, that I really tend to perk up. As for AG I am enjoying her more than I thought that I would. I had one image of her (due to the donut licking) and she actually does seem IMO to care about her craft and the artists. 

I had a low opinion of Miley as well due to her life antics, and I actually really enjoyed her and the coaching. 

Honored Contributor

So far this season no contestant has wowed me yet. The teams are almost full, I don't see a front runner yet. 

Honored Contributor

I love music so I generally like the show but I have often wondered why you never hear of the winner again whereas AI had Kelly, Carrie, also Jennifer Hudson and Katherine McVey (msp).  I think there were a couple other but I can't think of them.   

Honored Contributor

I am not one to watch 'The Voice' as the new seasons roll out, however, I will take trips down rabbit holes on youtube and watching several videos when the mood strikes.

Today one of my faves is this one from 2019...I must have played it a dozen times and burned some serious calories dancing up a storm...great background story too! Brilliant cover/talent...

Cedric Neal sings 'Higher Ground' by Stevie Wonder | The Voice Stage #7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBv3je3LeG0

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree!