Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I am not really enjoying AG but at least she is better than Miley Cyrus - I could not even watch that season!

I am not fond of AG so far either and I don't even know who she is.  I Googled her and it said that she is the highest paid Voice coach in history.  I think she looks like Audrey Hepburn.

As far as Miley, I thought some of her outfits were out there, but I felt as a coach, she knew her stuff.  She knew hot to critique and guide......at least that was my view.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

I am not really enjoying AG but at least she is better than Miley Cyrus - I could not even watch that season!

I am not fond of AG so far either and I don't even know who she is.  I Googled her and it said that she is the highest paid Voice coach in history.  I think she looks like Audrey Hepburn.

As far as Miley, I thought some of her outfits were out there, but I felt as a coach, she knew her stuff.  She knew hot to critique and guide......at least that was my view.  

I agree with you.......i have heard of AG...but feels she is a bit "all about me"..............but i may be wrong ...will see how it goes......and i def agree about Miley.....i wasn't looking forward to her being a judge but watching that show during the season she was on i really ended up

feeling she was one of the best judges they had like you said..."knew her stuff"....changed my opinion.................

And as far as the judges....i will take ANYONE OVER GWEN STEFANI...ugh. now SHE IS TORTURE to me!!

Honored Contributor

This show has become more about the phony acting/ banter between the judges and less about the talent. Get tired of it. Quit watching.

Honored Contributor

I agree @SeaMaiden I watched the premier and deleted the show going forward.  I only watch the blind auditions part anyway, I never care for the rest of the season unless there is a guest I am interested in seeing (ex. James Taylor).

Nothing new.

re Blake looking hung over, I believe these were filmed while he was/is touring with his Friends & Heros Tour, so I imagine he is more tired than anything else.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

There are rumors on the news circuit that Blake may not continue next season.  Due to AG coming on board, the desire to attract a "younger" trend.  If this happens, I will be done with this program.  

Esteemed Contributor

I quit watching The Voice because of Blake Shelton and Adam Levine who seemed to think the show was about them and not the singers. I haven't returned since Levine left, though I certainly would not miss him if I were still watching. I've always wondered why there was always only one woman. Good to hear they have evened it up a bit.

Honored Contributor

I don't think the show ever was really about the singers.  If it were, we wouldn't be given the back stories, we would be judging on their voices.  

Trusted Contributor

I HATE all the coach begging and staging stupid fights. I am totally sick of Kelly and Blake arguing about who is more country. I have stopped watching the early rounds where they fight over people and just start watching during the actual competition. I don't care about the back stories at all. 

I am not a fan of Ariana Grande and I read the article about maybe using her as a way to get younger coaches. I do think they need to never use Gwen Stefani again, though. First, because she is a HORRIBLE coach, and second, because she and Blake double team and that is not fair to the other contestants.

I did watch the first round and there were some good singers. So, I will start again once the nonsense is over. If the target audience they are looking for is one that finds that stuff amusing, then I am definitely NOT their demographic. If they di decide to go with new current "artists" (and I use that term loosely), then they will probably rule out older singers and that is too bad.

Respected Contributor

i just watch the blinds. the judges have gotten out of control and need to bring it back down to judging and not stand up comedy.

it really irritates me, when a professional back up singer is on and then there is an 18 yr old with no real experience. It's suppose to be about helping unknows start a career and not a professional (back up) singer get noticed.(they have had the exposure and should be able to make it, if they are really good). AG needs to go and Kelly needs a stylist.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I don't think the show ever was really about the singers.  If it were, we wouldn't be given the back stories, we would be judging on their voices.  

The back stories were also used on AI. However, a good amount of time on The Voice was spent with Adam and Blake sparring and insulting each other. The other thing I wonder is what happened to any of the winners. Did any of them hit the big time?