Trusted Contributor

I'm glad that Wendy did not win.  While she had not been an act that the general public knows she IS extremly successful.  When you have Dierks Bentley on as a mentor and she doesn't bat an eye at him but Dierks says he performed with her the weekend before....This woman has more success than most of the Voice winners.

I did not care at all for her version of Over the Rainbow.  That may also be because she sangs completely emotionless all season long and had what I felt were very predictable and boring song choices.  She never  switched it up as all of the others did.

Esteemed Contributor

My top two performers were Wendy and Girl name Tom. I would have been happy either way.

I knew that A girl name Tom would win, when Carson Daily said that four of their songs were charting at the same time, that speaks to a huge fan base.

I loved all of the songs that Wendy performed except for her final one which was a Whitney Houston song. I think she should have stuck with her strong suit which tended to be Ballads. I loved her rendition of Jolene by Dolly Parton and her Rendition of  a Aretha Franklin's song, who was the Queen of Soul. 

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

My top two performers were Wendy and Girl name Tom. I would have been happy either way.

I knew that A girl name Tom would win, when Carson Daily said that four of their songs were charting at the same time, that speaks to a huge fan base.

I loved all of the songs that Wendy performed except for her final one which was a Whitney Houston song. I think she should have stuck with her strong suit which tended to be Ballads. I loved her rendition of Jolene by Dolly Parton and her Rendition of  a Aretha Franklin's song, who was the Queen of Soul. 

@icezeus   Wendy's final song was Patti Labelle's "Over The Rainbow."  It actually was my favorite song that she did.  I hadn't enjoyed that many of her performances until then.  I love that song though.  I actually think of it as being Judy Garland's song.  I've loved it since the first time I saw The Wizard of Oz.  She did sing a Whitney Houston song earlier, but I don't remember which one it was.

A Girl Named Tom has been my favorite most of the season.  I don't like that name though.  I never follow anyone from The Voice, but I started following them on Facebook and Instagram a while ago.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

@icezeus   Wendy's final song was Patti Labelle's "Over The Rainbow."  It actually was my favorite song that she did.  I hadn't enjoyed that many of her performances until then.  I love that song though.  I actually think of it as being Judy Garland's song.  I've loved it since the first time I saw The Wizard of Oz.  She did sing a Whitney Houston song earlier, but I don't remember which one it was.

A Girl Named Tom has been my favorite most of the season.  I don't like that name though.  I never follow anyone from The Voice, but I started following them on Facebook and Instagram a while ago.

@NickNack 

I don't know how I managed to miss that. I was reading a book at the same time, but I would stop for some of the performances and listen. 

Honored Contributor

I always check out the charts on iTunes. When I saw Girl Named Tom had four songs high up on the charts I had a feeling it was an indication they would win. I was very happy they won. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I sometimes wonder if the Voice is fixed just like other programs that the public votes for their favorite singer.  Yesterday, Wendy was receiving, I thought, unusually high praise from the judges but I could be wrong.

i remember reading years back that with the Voice (and i assume American Idol also) that they take into account

the public's vote.....but the producers decide on the final 

decision of the winner...............i believe that myself.