Honored Contributor

The Voice vs Dancing With The Stars

In past seasons I always watched DWTS live, DVR The Voice. I'm not very enthusiastic about the new season, only being 4 weeks, all athletes, and some of my favorite pros ( Peta, Maks, and Val) not in this go round. I will be watching The Voice and DVR 'ing DWTS.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Voice vs Dancing With The Stars

@Jordan2 wrote:

In past seasons I always watched DWTS live, DVR The Voice. I'm not very enthusiastic about the new season, only being 4 weeks, all athletes, and some of my favorite pros ( Peta, Maks, and Val) not in this go round. I will be watching The Voice and DVR 'ing DWTS.

I feel the same way.  Not excited at all about this season.  

Respected Contributor

This is the first season I have ever watched The Voice, because so many people love it I decided to try it.

It's okay.

I live for DWTS!!

I love DWTS!!

A little dramatic, but it is my favorite thing & the only thing that I insist I watch live.

My friends & family understand that when DWTS is on, I am unavailable for anything!

They may text me, if they are watching & they want to share something, but no calls & no plans to go anywhere!

I am thrilled about this short season? NO.

But, I am not mad at them or boycotting them.

Do I care that it is all athletes? No. Athletes are competitive will give it all that they have got. I hope. Tonya Harding. Meh. She may harsh my mellow if she gets all dramatic & boo hooey, but whatever.

Alan is on. So that right there is a reason to watch. He dances like I eat pizza. Like it's just the right thing to do.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

1. @Dusty1 wrote:

This is the first season I have ever watched The Voice, because so many people love it I decided to try it.

It's okay.

I live for DWTS!!

I love DWTS!!

A little dramatic, but it is my favorite thing & the only thing that I insist I watch live.

My friends & family understand that when DWTS is on, I am unavailable for anything!

They may text me, if they are watching & they want to share something, but no calls & no plans to go anywhere!

I am thrilled about this short season? NO.

But, I am not mad at them or boycotting them.

Do I care that it is all athletes? No. Athletes are competitive will give it all that they have got. I hope. Tonya Harding. Meh. She may harsh my mellow if she gets all dramatic & boo hooey, but whatever.

Alan is on. So that right there is a reason to watch. He dances like I eat pizza. Like it's just the right thing to do.

It's the only show i watch live, too (DWTS) & don't answer the phone during either. 😁 @Dusty1  your post reminded me of when Star Trek the next Gen was on when my friends used to call me during because they knew I would be home (before cell phones of course) & they didn't get that I was a Trekkie and a call during was the !ast thing I wanted so I just started checking my answering machine messages during commercials then calling them back after! 😄
Honored Contributor

I love DWTS!  I don't care for the Voice or Americal Idol, all of those other ones.  I have watched DWTS from the beginning.  There have been changes over the years and not all of them I have been crazy about, but I still get so much enjoyment from it.  I wish they would get a new hostess for one thing.  Or get Brooke back.  I really liked her.  If Tom ever leaves or Len, I will be heartbroken!!!!  I don't like that there are only 4 weeks, but it is what it is.  I am just grateful that the show is still on -- period!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

Love DWTS.  I can live without seeing The Voice or American Idol.  

Why is it only 4 weeks though?  

Respected Contributor

The Voice hands down!!!

Honored Contributor

DWTS, but not as interested as before.

Respected Contributor

I don't watch either and am holding out for So You Think You Can Dance. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I really miss Derek Hough who I guess isn't coming back to DWTS as there will be a second season of World Of Dance (which I didn't like).