Honored Contributor

Re: The Voice Tonight~Who do you think should win?

I'm torn between Chole & Addison.  I must be the minority because I think Chole rocked "Betty Davis Eyes".

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have never seen a past winner become famous?

They're not selling out arenas, bur a few have become 'famous' in their own right. The country ones have had several hits- Jordan Smith is successful with Christian music. 

Honored Contributor

No one from The Voice has really made it big, I can't recall some of the winners. I don't know if it's the fault of the show, the record company, or whoever reps them. American Idol has had more luck with their winners. Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have done very well for themselves.

Esteemed Contributor

Addison beat out Chloe in the iTunes rankings last night, not that that means anything.  If Addison beats out Chloe, nobody will be more shocked than Chloe IMO.   I'm good with any of them winning, but I do think that Addison is the better singer.  For that matter, so is Brooke.  They have much nicer voices.  What Chloe has going for her is the state presence and I think Blake would be the first to admit that.

As far as none of them ever becoming famous like AI's contestants have, all I can figure is that The Voice isn't as invested in them as AI is.  They must not get the financial cut that AI does, so they don't really push it.  They are kind of on their own or the judge has to really follow through after the show and showcase them.  Just a guess.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pecky wrote:

I'm torn between Chole & Addison.  I must be the minority because I think Chole rocked "Betty Davis Eyes".

As a person who totally cringes when I even hear ”Bette Davis Eyes”, I actually found myself enjoying the performance - and that is one of the songs I despise in the universe along with “You Light Up My Life” and “Total Eclipse of the Sun”.  Who selected that song for her to sing, or why for that matter I’ll never understand but at least Chloe made it palatable.

Nothing against Addison, I think she has a nice voice but I thought her song choices throughout this entire season have just been kind of boring.  But that is just my taste, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As far as being a performer tho, I think Chloe has a lot more stage presence.  I would probably attend a Chloe show if she had a good band, but then I have been a rocker chick my entire life.  Addison I would probably listen to at the dentist.

I guess that’s why America votes.  Then again, I thought the song Red wrote was lovely, otherwise he is just another jovial country singer.

I don’t know why, but I sort of felt that by selecting “Oh Holy Night” Brooke was sort of pandering to the audience, although she did do a lovely job of it.

It won’t be much longer until we find out though.  Then again, we could be in for a surprise!

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Addison beat out Chloe in the iTunes rankings last night, not that that means anything.  If Addison beats out Chloe, nobody will be more shocked than Chloe IMO.   I'm good with any of them winning, but I do think that Addison is the better singer.  For that matter, so is Brooke.  They have much nicer voices.  What Chloe has going for her is the state presence and I think Blake would be the first to admit that.

As far as none of them ever becoming famous like AI's contestants have, all I can figure is that The Voice isn't as invested in them as AI is.  They must not get the financial cut that AI does, so they don't really push it.  They are kind of on their own or the judge has to really follow through after the show and showcase them.  Just a guess.

@Wsmom, I like to cheat and check out iTunes too! I think iTunes definitely helps but someone like me votes but doesn't buy any of the music. As for Chloe she is definitely drinking the Kool-Aid, Blake is really talking her up. He makes it like she's the best singer,star, in the history of the show. I believe this could actually go against her. I don't like someone telling me how great someone is, it has the opposite effect on me. I think Addison should win, she's talented and does seem humble (as she sang) and really grounded.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Wsmom, I like to cheat and check out iTunes too! I think iTunes definitely helps but someone like me votes but doesn't buy any of the music. As for Chloe she is definitely drinking the Kool-Aid, Blake is really talking her up. He makes it like she's the best singer,star, in the history of the show. I believe this could actually go against her. I don't like someone telling me how great someone is, it has the opposite effect on me. I think Addison should win, she's talented and does seem humble (as she sang) and really grounded.

Agreed! I mentioned earlier that I feel Chloe has been just phoning it in the last couple performances, just holding out for the finale assuming she's going to win. Confidence is one thing, but humility goes a long way in my book!!  Woman LOL

It's good to hear Addison is ahead with itunes. I used to 'cheat' with these shows when we'd call in votes, there was a website 'dialidol' back in the day! I wonder if it's even around still!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have never seen a past winner become famous?

Danielle Bradbury has become successful in country music.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114, I alwasy checked dialidol, too!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

Agreed! I mentioned earlier that I feel Chloe has been just phoning it in the last couple performances, just holding out for the finale assuming she's going to win. Confidence is one thing, but humility goes a long way in my book!!  Woman LOL

It's good to hear Addison is ahead with itunes. I used to 'cheat' with these shows when we'd call in votes, there was a website 'dialidol' back in the day! I wonder if it's even around still!

@Ibby114 I just saw that Addison had all three songs in the top ten. I believe only the songs in the top ten earn the contestant votes that are multiplied.