Honored Contributor

Re: The Voice ......Sept 23rd

I watched last night's show this morning and have a few issues that were bothersome to me. First, Blake and Gwen turned around for Brennen, well Blake made a case that he should pick Gwen, he picked her, Blake didn't fight for him, he let Gwen have him. Secondly, Gwen said to contestant Jared something to the effect, you pick me you get Blake too! Lastly at some point Gwen sat on Blake's lap and said I love you, she also made a comment after John got picked by a contestant that John used her and Blake's relationship against them! By the way I read Nick Jonas will be a judge on the next season of the show, I think he will be replacing Gwen. Maybe there has been a backlash having Gwen on the show.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Watching the Voice tonite........i am just so tired of the "sad sob stories" of the contestants before they go on stage

to compete.............i KNOW so many people have hard lives....EVERYONE has hardships and troubles to bare...NONE of us are immune.............but it always seems the sadder the stories the more likely they will be cast AND i feel some contestants use the stories to their advantage..........it is like that in other reality TV shows too.........

I only have to wonder how many really great singers may have been turned down for the Voice because they didn't have a humbling story to tell...............such a majority of the contestants fall into the "hard background" group....

i am sure the producers look for the drama

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17 wrote:

Watching the Voice tonite........i am just so tired of the "sad sob stories" of the contestants before they go on stage

to compete.............i KNOW so many people have hard lives....EVERYONE has hardships and troubles to bare...NONE of us are immune.............but it always seems the sadder the stories the more likely they will be cast AND i feel some contestants use the stories to their advantage..........it is like that in other reality TV shows too.........

I only have to wonder how many really great singers may have been turned down for the Voice because they didn't have a humbling story to tell...............such a majority of the contestants fall into the "hard background" group....

i am sure the producers look for the drama

@kelsey17 ...

@Jordan2 ...

The viewers have become more savvy, they were able to fool us when they first started these competition  shows and I think the producers better get on the ball because more and more people are beginning to turn  away from them.  I stopped watching when Jennifer Hudson was on and  I am seriously thinking about stopping again because of Gwen, can't stand her.  She always looks like she is going to a costume party. Woman Tongue

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Gwen has always dressed over the top crazy. It's who she is. But... I wish they'd change clothes half way thru the blind auditions. Seeing that outfit for weeks is tiresome. I read she won't be back next season, she has a Vegas gig.

Honored Contributor

I was watching last night’s episode this morning. Gwen made a comment that she texted Blake asking for help pairing up her contestants, he didn’t respond. Gwen shouldn’t be asking for Blake’s help, after all this is a competition, it’s every man or woman for themselves.

Honored Contributor

Did anyone see the show last night? Gwen said our baby referring to a contestant ( maybe Joanna ), and gave a group hug with Blake. It’s like they’re mom and dad and are working as a team!

Esteemed Contributor

What's everyone's thoughts of  the contestants at this point of the season? Katie from John's team is the only one that's memorable. Her performances are stellar!

Esteemed Contributor

Katie was unbelievable!

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Katie was unbelievable!

@Luvitorleaveit1  I'd love to know Gaga's thoughts on her performance this week!

Honored Contributor

I like Will and Ricky. I don't really like Hello Sunday, I voted to save Alex.