Valued Contributor

Re: The Voice ......Sept 23rd

I still enjoy the Voice.I have watched since the beginning.But I will admit I use the fast forward button a lot. I don't always care to hear their back story.I want to hear their singing.I liked that they havn't shown some of the singers right off.I like to imagine them based on their voices. I like some of the interplay with the coaches but again,my friend,Mr. FF button,can come into action at any given moment!Woman LOL

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Estates wrote:

I still enjoy the Voice.I have watched since the beginning.But I will admit I use the fast forward button a lot. I don't always care to hear their back story.I want to hear their singing.I liked that they havn't shown some of the singers right off.I like to imagine them based on their voices. I like some of the interplay with the coaches but again,my friend,Mr. FF button,can come into action at any given moment!Woman LOL

@Estates  And I get dishes done and laundry folded at those times! Woman LOL

Super Contributor

I didn't watch the first 3 or 4 seasons, then got interested. Tried to watch the first season that JHud judged, but just can't take her. Haven't watched any season she was a judge. I do DVR the shows so I can ff through much of it. I am one that does like the judges' banter . . . most of the time. Not a fan of Gwen as a judge but so far can watch. I appreciate Kelly's kindness to the contestants and her quick humor, but can sometimes get tired of her loud voice and constant interruptions. Glad she is a judge. Also like Blake and John.

Esteemed Contributor

I really enjoyed James Violet......so far he has been the most interesting to me............was TOTALLY disappointed when he picked Gwen....thought sure he would go with Kelly........

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I really enjoyed James Violet......so far he has been the most interesting to me............was TOTALLY disappointed when he picked Gwen....thought sure he would go with Kelly........

@kelsey17 wrote:

@kelsey17   I liked him, too- and I rarely remember the names at this point of the season. You never know where he'll end up, though ! 

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I won't be watching this season because of Gwen.  I didn't like the banter between Gwen and Blake when she was on the first time.  I do like the show and really enjoyed John Legend last season, but I just can't take Gwen and Blake.

@NickNack...Blake has always been my favorite, but with Gwen and him together on the same show, no thank you.  I didn't like her before and still don't like her.  I know she is in show business, but come on, 50 years old and she dresses like a teenager, she needs to tone it down.  And as another poster said, the show has become all about the judges, I agree, it is losing it's appeal.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I have watched this since the beginning, but had to skip the seasons with Jennifer Hudson as a judge. I watched last night and anticipate tuning out again. Gwen is ridiculous and I don't think she adds anything as a coach - she likes to play dress up with her team and that's all that matters to her. Kelly is too over the top, and I feel sorry for the guys. Blake never bothered me and I adore John Legend and can't imagine why he isn't anyone's first choice (other than the pure country singers).

That said, they seemed to have some good singers last night. I may come back later, once the actual competition starts, but I am done for these few weeks, at least. Gwen is obnoxious and looked stupid, too!

@Lisa now in AZ...Hi neighbor, I'm in AZ too.  I'll keep it short but when I saw your last sentence I had to respond,  I agree, way to go girl.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for Gwen as i stated before.... she has never been a good mentor..........this season she is just acting overboard....the standing up at the chair constantly...the  flirting with Blake...the outfit.......and lastnight i noticed that each time she pressed her button (i think Blake had always pressed it just before her) the first thing she would do when she turned around was look at him and smile....like THEY are the competition and not the person singing their heart and soul out in front of them................and it seems the audience is all about "Gwen & Blake"...ugh.........and please John...they are not America's favorite couple...yuck..................she reminds me of a little girl trying to get all the attention....she has

gotten some good people on her team.....i wish them well...And it seems to me Blake is trying to HELP her win this year.......they keep eye contact during the blinds and it bothered me when Gwen said lastnight to try to win one

contestant that if they pick her they get HER AND BLAKE. I am thinking that will be true....he will advise her on songs, etc. I have always liked Blake but i am losing a little respect for him this season.....he isn't thinking with his HEAD this time.......................

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Voice has always been about the coaches (judges) rather than the contestants. The contestatns do get more exposiure and maybe a little more popular, but no one has really 'made it' per say.

Adam Levine would talk too much about his frustrations with the show- that it wasn't connected to record producers, recording companies etc. I don't think he was supposed to spill the beans!  In hindsight I'm surprised he stuck around for as long as he did.

Valued Contributor

Gwen told the fellow that sang a Blake Shelton song that she would google songs for him to sing.DUH! Where's that remote?FF button,don't fail me now.