Honored Contributor

Re: The Voice ......Sept 23rd

I am SO HAPPY Blake is having a tough time getting contestants to come to his team!

Honored Contributor

Gwen and Blake have been on The Voice together before, I don't recall them being as obnoxious then as they are now. Blake lies as easily as he breathes, saying he didn't block Kelly or that he didn't know where the song Don't Speak by Gwen was coming from when Kelly was speaking (it was coming from his button). I hope this is the last season Gwen will be on because I can't take the two of them together.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Gwen and Blake have been on The Voice together before, I don't recall them being as obnoxious then as they are now. Blake lies as easily as he breathes, saying he didn't block Kelly or that he didn't know where the song Don't Speak by Gwen was coming from when Kelly was speaking (it was coming from his button). I hope this is the last season Gwen will be on because I can't take the two of them together.

@Jordan2   They're why I'm not watching this season.  I didn't enjoy it the last time Gwen was on.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I went to watch tonite and AGAIN was so turned off by Gwen...ugh....she has to keep jumping out of her seat and gyrating all over the stage and flipping her hair...and that outfit..ugh....................and i have always liked Blake but

he is def working with her instead of being an independent judge which is a turnoff............i really don't want to hear

those two being mushy!!!

Trusted Contributor

Yep, was just coming to say the same thing. Gwen is so obnoxious and thinks she is just so darn cute and she isn't. She adds no value to the show and just forces them into ridiculous fake arguments.

Blake and Adam's pretend fighting was getting old, but now with Gwen, it is too much. I may be back once the actual competition begins, but I won't be watching next week. And that is too bad, because they have some really talented contestants this time. Gwen also bring out the worst in Kelly, and she is already too much to take. And, sorry, John Legend (who I do like), Blake and Gwen are NOT America's Favorite Couple.

Respected Contributor

My take on the Gwen situation is that she is scared to death that Blake will lose interest in her.  She goes to great lengths to get his attention by her clothes, makeup, gyrations, and running around the stage.  I don't think they will last.  He may get tired of her being so needy and so into him.  I think she wants to have a wedding ring on her finger!  Good luck with that!

Regular Contributor

Gwen's antics are a turn-off. She's over the top obnoxious.

She is a pretty woman but her make-up, hair, clothes do nothing but hid her beauty.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

Yep, was just coming to say the same thing. Gwen is so obnoxious and thinks she is just so darn cute and she isn't. She adds no value to the show and just forces them into ridiculous fake arguments.

Blake and Adam's pretend fighting was getting old, but now with Gwen, it is too much. I may be back once the actual competition begins, but I won't be watching next week. And that is too bad, because they have some really talented contestants this time. Gwen also bring out the worst in Kelly, and she is already too much to take. And, sorry, John Legend (who I do like), Blake and Gwen are NOT America's Favorite Couple.

Its funny....watching like you.........i was looking at John L. and kept thinking he looked pretty unhappy...he seemed to be enjoying his last stint on the Voice...but i think Gwen and Blake are even getting to him................and when he said America's Favorite Couple i almost felt he said it sarcastically......................and they are NOT America's Fav Couple .....really!! 

Honored Contributor

I liked Kelly's comment "Mom and Dad are fighting".  

Esteemed Contributor

Wow- there are a lot of Gwen 'haters' here! I'm a so-so fan of her music - but I like her,  Even with all that makeup and 'rock star' clothing, she's seems pretty real. She and Blake are MUCH LESS mushy than I thought they would be (thank goodness Woman LOL) ! There's an occassional reference to their relationship, but it's not constant. 

I'm enjoying this season so far- there have been some stellar auditions too. It's a shame the show doesn't have connections with the recording industry - the winners seem to have mild successes (if anything). The show basically gives musicians more exposure. Anyone remember Brendan Fletcher from a few years back? He has a raspy Eddie Vedder type singing voice; he plays lots of local gigs by me!