Respected Contributor

Re: The Voice ......Sept 23rd

@NickNack   Thanks!  I'm glad he is back, he does a good job and is tough competition for the other judges. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Valued Contributor

I find it interesting that none of the winners of the Voice really make it to the big time. I know some of the American Idol winners do. I agree that the Blake ( or as she calls him Blakey !!) and Gwen combo as judges = a bit too cutesy for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't realize it was on but caught the last half hour.  The judges this go round don't bother me.

I wouldn't be surprised if Adam comes back as a mentor/coach...I forgot exactly what they call the guest artist that come in.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@kelsey17 wrote:

Just saw the commercial for the new Voice coming at the end of Sept......................John Legend, Blake Shelton,

Kelly Clarkson and Gwen Stefani...................

I am so glad Adam is GONE this season....but then they

hire Gwen S................UGH.........doubt i will be able to

stand the lovebird stuff again..................that was a disappointment..............................................

Love John L and Kelly is pretty good and do like Blake w/o the Gwen factor...she is a horrible judge/coach.

I don't like when Gwen is on. I feel that Blake gives in to her, letting her get contestants. I feel like a win for Gwen is a win for Blake. I like John and Kelly.

I agree with  you about Blake w/Gwen....and the hugging and kissing and worst of all saying they are "America's favorite couple"  was nauseating lastnight...i like Blake

but can't take Gwen....each time when she won the singer she danced around the stage HERSELF before even going up to the contestant....and i also think he gives in to her......and as i said before she has never been a good judge.....................

The one thing they did last year i didn't like was the 

"second chance" with that country singer girl last year....

hope they don't do that again..............it was a stupid

"catch" in the whole process and i felt a bit unfair to the singers who were already in the process and went through more hoops by the time the second chance 

contestant came in...........................................

Honored Contributor

I think Gwen was a last minute replacement because Adam suddenly quit.

Honored Contributor

I think Adam's plans were made a long time ago. I hope they tone it down a bit, way over the top last night.  

Super Contributor

I used to enjoy the Voice when it first started.  Now I find it just drags on and on. It's too long to ask every one to comment on a constestant and it's the same answer 4 times!

When I remember I might watch.

It's true you never see the winner of the Voice again.  What happens to them?

Honored Contributor

I keep saying this, I DO NOT like the Blake and Gwen dynamic. I feel like they are working as a team, a win for one is a win for both. Gwen made a joke ( not really kidding) something like she should get her way. I can see Blake backing off on a contestant and letting Gwen have them. You can be a couple in your private life, but this is a competition, it's a job, the gloves should come off.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never watched this show.  I did see one maybe 10 or 15 second bit of it...where someone (Levine?) had gotten a bunch of horse dung dumped on Shelton's (?) pickup truck.  I wans't offended by the (words of Colonel Potter) horse hockey, but I was under the impression that it was a talent show and I saw no talent in that.

After hearing the panel of "judges" this year, if I was a watcher, this season it would be on my "oh hell no" list.

Don't like Gwen Stefani and she with Blake Shelton at the same time would be unwatchable.

Keepin' it real.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have watched this since the beginning, but had to skip the seasons with Jennifer Hudson as a judge. I watched last night and anticipate tuning out again. Gwen is ridiculous and I don't think she adds anything as a coach - she likes to play dress up with her team and that's all that matters to her. Kelly is too over the top, and I feel sorry for the guys. Blake never bothered me and I adore John Legend and can't imagine why he isn't anyone's first choice (other than the pure country singers).

That said, they seemed to have some good singers last night. I may come back later, once the actual competition starts, but I am done for these few weeks, at least. Gwen is obnoxious and looked stupid, too!