Honored Contributor

I know we don't have to make a choice, with on Demand and DVR we can watch both these shows. I was just curious, if you could only watch one, which would it be? For me, I would definitely watch The Voice. I like the concept of the show and the judges better than American Idol. I find Katy Perry to be really annoying. She is loud and brash, she also makes everything about her, she likes to be the center of attention.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Voice Or American Idol

LOL!!! That's easy The Voice since I have never watched American Idol.

I'm not watching anything Simon is on. Can't stand him.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use to like AI, but it's become unwatchable for me because of Katy Perry.

As for The Voice, I could never really get into it, so I don't watch often.

But I would definitely choose it over Idol.

Super Contributor

Actually neither one.  I did watch American Idol in the old days but this newer version is just not my cup of tea and I don't like it.  I have watched the Voice and I do like it but not to watch on a regular basis.  Just when I can't find anything else to watch.  lol

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz Simon isn't on American Idol, he's on America's Got Talent. American Idol judges are Lionel Richie, Katy Perry, and Luke Bryan. Also I want to add, last night Luke gave Cody(?) the boots he was wearing. While this was a kind thing to do, Luke may have unintentionally embarrassed him by calling to attention he had holes in his boots. The poor guy probably didn't have the money for a new pair.

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

I use to like AI, but it's become unwatchable for me because of Katy Perry.

As for The Voice, I could never really get into it, so I don't watch often.

But I would definitely choose it over Idol.

@yellowrose 

I like to see the new Judges on The Voice. You get to know them for who they really are if you know what I mean. 

For me it would be Miley Cyrus. I always thought she was so out there until she was on The Voice. I really like her now. I wish she would come back.

John Legend is on now & he seems so sincere.

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz LOL - Simon has not been a judge on Idol for quite some time.  That being said, even more annoying is Katy Perry who is all poses and look at me.  

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz Simon isn't on American Idol, he's on America's Got Talent. American Idol judges are Lionel Richie, Katy Perry, and Luke Bryan. Also I want to add, last night Luke gave Cody(?) the boots he was wearing. While this was a kind thing to do, Luke may have unintentionally embarrassed him by calling to attention he had holes in his boots. The poor guy probably didn't have the money for a new pair.

@Jordan2 

I guess by response you know I don't watch it. LOL!!!

Hope the boots fit that poor guy.

Honored Contributor

I watch The Voice.  I watched both of them last year, but Katie Perry was so annoying I decided not to watch it this year.  I'm really enjoying John Legend on The Voice.

Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Jordan2   Were the boots the right size for Cody??

Edited to say:  I just Googled it and watched it.  That was very sweet.  I have always gotten the impression that Luke Bryan was a really nice guy.

Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling