Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Voice Or American Idol

@DiAnne  I was concerned when they announced Miley Cyrus would be a judge but found her to be very good at it.  As for Jennifer Hudson, I agree, I couldn't take her either.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is there a thread for The Voice this season that I'm missing? Usually there'd be all sorts of comments and thoughts about each  episode- in the past a very fun discussion!

Or maybe it's just this season Woman Frustrated --  I know hardly any of he contestants or 'teams' so far- I feel much more invested in American Idol.

Honored Contributor

I really have a difficult time sitting through any of these "talent" contest type shows.  There are too many of them now  for one thing.

EVERYONE thinks they are the one end all singer, dancer, or whatever.  Who really cares  anyway?     And the judges have become the big part of the shows now.  Celebrity judges... not Real Judges.... and they are all so full of themselves.  The shows revolve around the judges and their antics. Not  for the reason of  why the show is suppose to  be on at all. 

I admire people who really do something with their lives.  Everyone thinks they can sing.... dance etc.  Most of them are just OK. They carry a tune.... great.   What are they doing that is really important?

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

Is there a thread for The Voice this season that I'm missing? Usually there'd be all sorts of comments and thoughts about each  episode- in the past a very fun discussion!

Or maybe it's just this season Woman Frustrated --  I know hardly any of he contestants or 'teams' so far- I feel much more invested in American Idol.

@Ibby114   Yes there is one.  It's called Season 16 Of The Voice.  It hasn't been posted on since March 7.  I would be interested in posting on it but don't feel invested in any of the singers yet.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

SeaMaiden, not to be contentious, but what have you done in your life that is really important? Most have kids & family. That's it! That's life.

Honored Contributor

@bonappetit wrote:

SeaMaiden, not to be contentious, but what have you done in your life that is really important? Most have kids & family. That's it! That's life.

@bonappetit   I served the public for 40 plus years. I think that is enough and pretty good🙂