Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Voice Or American Idol

[ Edited ]

@Deree wrote:

I don't have on demand or dvr. AI talent has been so lacking the past almost decade that it was embarrassing and I switched to the Voice but i am floored by the phenomenal talent on AI this season!  So much talent. And NO screamers so far!  The Voice has now become annoying to me with screamers instead of singers and I am very tired of the interaction between Adam and Blake.  Anyone who has an appreciation for really good vocalists should check out AI this year.  Not kidding.

@Deree  you can watch either/or show on their network website the day after. That's how I usually watch the show I miss!

With that said, i like/dislike  both The Voice and AI for different reasons. The talent is really good- and I take the judges/coaches with a grain of salt. It's been eons since either show  has developed a 'star' per say. And The Voice has barely reached that level - ever!!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

AMERICAN IDOL all the way!!!  I find the rotating hosts on The Voice annoying.  Also, the reality is, (no pun intended), American Idol has actually discovered some amazing superstar talent!!  And, I adore Lionel Richie and Luke Bryant. 

I know some folks find Katy Perry annoying, but her silly antics actually make me laugh! She also has some very good advice for the young singers. The other judges mainly praise, but even when Katy praises she will offer a nugget of invaluable advice.  She also seems very sensitive and caring.  Silly sometimes, yes, but all in all I think she is actually a good judge.

Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Jordan2   I'm going to be the loner here and say that I have been watching American Idol both last year and this year, and am thoroughly enjoying it.  I haven't watched The Voice, so I can't compare.  I know Katie is over the top, but that doesn't bother me at all.  I find her antics to be entertaining most of the time, and I think she's cute.

I feel the same. I agree that Katy is me-me-me and over the top sometimes, but for some reason it doesn't bother me.  I like her. If someone else was acting like that, I might think he/she was too annoying to watch.  Like Dr. Ken lol

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

BRING BACK PAULA ABDUL PLEASE

Trusted Contributor

I used to love both these shows—never missed them. I enjoyed the talents and the different music. It is because of certain judges that I had to quit watching. I was fast forwarding through most of what they said. It just became too annoying. 

Honored Contributor

I skipped The Voice completely when Miley Cyrus was judging and I also found Jennifer Hudson hard to take but I watched.  

Honored Contributor

Neither for me; no Dancing with the Stars either.   I do not find these types of shows entertaining at all.   

Esteemed Contributor

I watched American Idol for years as well as The Voice.  I truly can't say which I like better and I stopped watching the current The Voice due to the constant rambling between the judges which got worse each season.  I just could not take it anymore as  much as I loved that show.  Since we no longer have cable I can't watch American Idol so that leaves me between a rock and a hard place.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

I watched American Idol for years as well as The Voice.  I truly can't say which I like better and I stopped watching the current The Voice due to the constant rambling between the judges which got worse each season.  I just could not take it anymore as  much as I loved that show.  Since we no longer have cable I can't watch American Idol so that leaves me between a rock and a hard place.

@Lindsays Grandma   You don't get ABC?  American Idol is on ABC now.  It's very good this year.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma   You don't get ABC?  American Idol is on ABC now.  It's very good this year.

I know but we get NBC on Sling and I was able to watch it, we don't get ABC.  I do get The Voice and the three Chicago shows which I love and some others.  Hopefully my daughter will  get Direct TV again.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam