Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Voice Or American Idol

Right now I enjoy American Idol more.  Yes, Katy is annoying, but IMO she can't hold a candle to Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson in the annoying dept.  And I'm a Kelly fan since season one of AI. 

Trusted Contributor

I watch both but I think I’m enjoying American Idol more. Katy is a little over the top but she makes me laugh and I love Luke Bryan! 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I don't have on demand or dvr. AI talent has been so lacking the past almost decade that it was embarrassing and I switched to the Voice but i am floored by the phenomenal talent on AI this season!  So much talent. And NO screamers so far!  The Voice has now become annoying to me with screamers instead of singers and I am very tired of the interaction between Adam and Blake.  Anyone who has an appreciation for really good vocalists should check out AI this year.  Not kidding.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Neither. I got tired of American Idol after all the years, and for me, it was over when Chris Allen won instead of the much more talented Adam Lambert. As for The Voice....I quit watching it because of the Blake and Adam show. If they would get rid of those two, I'd watch again. 

Esteemed Contributor

Definitly  "The Voice"

Trusted Contributor

The Voice just seems a bit more professional to me.  Also the talent on the voice is pretty outstanding.

Valued Contributor

The VOICE so much better.american idol is just terrible  especialy katey perry.

and the people they put thru especially the guy with the hat and guitar which they love.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch either one.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

At one time, I never missed AI.  Now these talent shows are a dime a dozen. (and many of the participants are/were professionals)

I haven't liked the AI judges since Simon left.  The Voice judges just vie for airtime.

It seems like it's been a long time since any of the winners have had much of career. (other than in country)

Esteemed Contributor

I've actually never watched either one except for an episode or two.  Although I love music, I lean heavily towards a group (or even a duo) where there is some sort of harmony.  There are exceptions though and Katy Perry is one.  I just find her fascinating and I do like her music.  I had no idea she was a judge on AI though.  I may have to check it out.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown