Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I know we don't have to make a choice, with on Demand and DVR we can watch both these shows. I was just curious, if you could only watch one, which would it be? For me, I would definitely watch The Voice. I like the concept of the show and the judges better than American Idol. I find Katy Perry to be really annoying. She is loud and brash, she also makes everything about her, she likes to be the center of attention.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Voice Or American Idol

LOL!!! That's easy The Voice since I have never watched American Idol.

I'm not watching anything Simon is on. Can't stand him.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use to like AI, but it's become unwatchable for me because of Katy Perry.

As for The Voice, I could never really get into it, so I don't watch often.

But I would definitely choose it over Idol.

Super Contributor

Actually neither one.  I did watch American Idol in the old days but this newer version is just not my cup of tea and I don't like it.  I have watched the Voice and I do like it but not to watch on a regular basis.  Just when I can't find anything else to watch.  lol

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz Simon isn't on American Idol, he's on America's Got Talent. American Idol judges are Lionel Richie, Katy Perry, and Luke Bryan. Also I want to add, last night Luke gave Cody(?) the boots he was wearing. While this was a kind thing to do, Luke may have unintentionally embarrassed him by calling to attention he had holes in his boots. The poor guy probably didn't have the money for a new pair.

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

I use to like AI, but it's become unwatchable for me because of Katy Perry.

As for The Voice, I could never really get into it, so I don't watch often.

But I would definitely choose it over Idol.

@yellowrose 

I like to see the new Judges on The Voice. You get to know them for who they really are if you know what I mean. 

For me it would be Miley Cyrus. I always thought she was so out there until she was on The Voice. I really like her now. I wish she would come back.

John Legend is on now & he seems so sincere.

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz LOL - Simon has not been a judge on Idol for quite some time.  That being said, even more annoying is Katy Perry who is all poses and look at me.  

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz Simon isn't on American Idol, he's on America's Got Talent. American Idol judges are Lionel Richie, Katy Perry, and Luke Bryan. Also I want to add, last night Luke gave Cody(?) the boots he was wearing. While this was a kind thing to do, Luke may have unintentionally embarrassed him by calling to attention he had holes in his boots. The poor guy probably didn't have the money for a new pair.

@Jordan2 

I guess by response you know I don't watch it. LOL!!!

Hope the boots fit that poor guy.

Honored Contributor

I watch The Voice.  I watched both of them last year, but Katie Perry was so annoying I decided not to watch it this year.  I'm really enjoying John Legend on The Voice.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Jordan2   Were the boots the right size for Cody??

Edited to say:  I just Googled it and watched it.  That was very sweet.  I have always gotten the impression that Luke Bryan was a really nice guy.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau