Honored Contributor

Re: The Voice - Miley's Coming Back

I won't be watching this season.  I agree that the Adam/Blake bit has gotten old but Miley put me over the top.  Curious to see what American Idol's comeback looks like.  

Esteemed Contributor

I did not watch last season because I just can't take Blake and Gwen staring at each other through all of the shows. I had enough of it during Season 11 when they were just starting out. When they said she would back (although I do like Gwen) I could not stomach it.

I did watch when Miley was on and I was shocked by how much I enjoyed her. I thought for sure I would like Alicia Keys (I did not care for her at all) and despise Miley. (Her antics, dress etc are a turn off) I really came to like Miley, she had sound advice and came off as a sweet girl to me.

Fast forward to last nights premiere. Ok, Jennifer. We all know that you can sing but enough already. She would just burst out into songs randomly and annoyingly throughout last nights Blind Auditions. STOP IT!!

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I did not watch last season because I just can't take Blake and Gwen staring at each other through all of the shows. I had enough of it during Season 11 when they were just starting out. When they said she would back (although I do like Gwen) I could not stomach it.

I did watch when Miley was on and I was shocked by how much I enjoyed her. I thought for sure I would like Alicia Keys (I did not care for her at all) and despise Miley. (Her antics, dress etc are a turn off) I really came to like Miley, she had sound advice and came off as a sweet girl to me.

Fast forward to last nights premiere. Ok, Jennifer. We all know that you can sing but enough already. She would just burst out into songs randomly and annoyingly throughout last nights Blind Auditions. STOP IT!!

@icezeus, your post really nailed it IMO.  Last night, it sure didn't take long for the antics to start beginning with the first singer.  It's no wonder the show is on for 2 hours twice a week. 

It wasn't like that in the first couple of seasons; even the camera pans around to the coaches while the singers are on stage.  I don't need to see the coaches or their reactions; the camera should be on the performer IMO. 

Thanks goodness for a DVR to fast forward through the unnecessary banter/krap.  The banter of "let's see who can outdo the other coach" is tiresome.