Honored Contributor

Re: The Voice - Miley's Coming Back

There is just something about her I can not stand.... from her gravel deep voice like a mans voice.... to her awful singing voice.  Do not understand why people think she is talented.

Honored Contributor

I will miss this season too. And her dad is going to be the "advisor" for her team - yeah, OK. 

I do like Jennifer Hudson though, and I'm kind of sorry I'll miss her. But I will! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Miley is not everyone's cup of tea, but I think she knows the music industry and she is a good judge of talent. I actually like all the women judges they have had on the show. I also like Pharell and Usher. What caused me to stop watching or watching only on occasion is the repulsive Adam and Blake show. They aactually seem to think the show is all about them and not the hopefuls trying out. I would probably start watching on a regular basis, if they got rid of those two. The last time I watched the whole show to the end was when Alisan Porter won. Since then she has put out some great music, but unfortunately had to do it on her own. I read that the powers that be wanted to pigeon hole her into a specific genre, and she said no. Her first release post Voice is a gorgeous gospel type song called Deep Water. What a vocal triumph. It's now on ITunes.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I just can't stomach that girl!  And her VOICE is so irritating!  

-------------------

I never enjoyed listening to her sing either.  I did not watch last season because of her and will not be watching this season!!

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Miley is not everyone's cup of tea, but I think she knows the music industry and she is a good judge of talent. I actually like all the women judges they have had on the show. I also like Pharell and Usher. What caused me to stop watching or watching only on occasion is the repulsive Adam and Blake show. They aactually seem to think the show is all about them and not the hopefuls trying out. I would probably start watching on a regular basis, if they got rid of those two. The last time I watched the whole show to the end was when Alisan Porter won. Since then she has put out some great music, but unfortunately had to do it on her own. I read that the powers that be wanted to pigeon hole her into a specific genre, and she said no. Her first release post Voice is a gorgeous gospel type song called Deep Water. What a vocal triumph. It's now on ITunes.

@RainCityWoman  I watch The Voice and loved Alisan Porter when she was on.  Did the record label drop her?  I've only heard her on the radio one time since she left.  It was a station I don't listen to very often, and I haven't heard her since.  I think it's such a shame that the record label that signs the winner doesn't seem to really help them.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@RainCityWoman  I watch The Voice and loved Alisan Porter when she was on.  Did the record label drop her?  I've only heard her on the radio one time since she left.  It was a station I don't listen to very often, and I haven't heard her since.  I think it's such a shame that the record label that signs the winner doesn't seem to really help them.  

I'm not sure of all the particulars, but I seem to remember her commenting that the original record deal turned out not to be what she thought it would be, and she walked away from it. She said she was going to go it alone. I don't know what the Voice people did after that. Since then she released Deep River single, and now her mini album is out. You can sample it on ITunes. I think they wanted to put her in country solely, and she didn't want that. I have to admire her determination to be herself. 

Regular Contributor

I have to say that I wasn't thrilled to hear that Miley was going to be a judge but I watched and totally changed my mind.  I think she has matured and feel that she really did a great job!  I totally enjoyed her and I am looking forward to having her on the show again.  I am also getting tired of all the banter between Adam and Blake.  They are good judges but the back and forth between them is getting old and boring.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I'm not sure of all the particulars, but I seem to remember her commenting that the original record deal turned out not to be what she thought it would be, and she walked away from it. She said she was going to go it alone. I don't know what the Voice people did after that. Since then she released Deep River single, and now her mini album is out. You can sample it on ITunes. I think they wanted to put her in country solely, and she didn't want that. I have to admire her determination to be herself. 

Thank you for the update @RainCityWoman.  She didn't even sing country on The Voice.  That's surprising that's the genre they wanted to put her in.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nicknack wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Thank you for the update @RainCityWoman.  She didn't even sing country on The Voice.  That's surprising that's the genre they wanted to put her in.

Again, I'm not sure on the particulars. She seemed happy with her decision and said it was all going to work out. I hope she's right. She's amazing. She was interviiewed on a site called The Daily Shuffle, and she said she left the major label she signed after winning the Voice and decided to write her own songs for the extrended play album she has just put out. She did take a trip to Nashville and worked with someone there, so maybe that's where I got the idea about country...just a little wrong in my remembering. Anyway, she waanted to stay with her authentic self and didn't change who she was. She was worried that she would be forced to put out music that didn't match who she said she was all through the show. She said she had to connect with the music in order to connect with her fans. That's all I could glean from this new article. Do go into ITunes and sample her album.

Esteemed Contributor

Not looking forward to Miley coming back as a judge but I know how to ignore her so I will continue to watch just because I like the show and the other judges.