Honored Contributor

I'm not sure when the live shows start with The Voice.  I'm watching last night's show right now, and was wondering if they'll be able to have an audience for the live shows.  The blind auditions are almost over.  Then they'll have the Battles and something else before the live shows I think. 

This social distancing because of the virus might still be happening though.  Does anyone have any idea when the live shows start?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I'm not sure when the live shows start with The Voice.  I'm watching last night's show right now, and was wondering if they'll be able to have an audience for the live shows.  The blind auditions are almost over.  Then they'll have the Battles and something else before the live shows I think. 

This social distancing because of the virus might still be happening though.  Does anyone have any idea when the live shows start?

I read on another thread American Idol has suspended production. I imagine The Voice will do the same thing. We will be in for a lot of reruns, NBC and ABC counted on these shows, plus some shows have shut down production. Since we can’t leave the house, it’s good we have other means for entertainment.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Jordan2 .  I wondered if they might do that.  Performing in front of a live audience is a big part of the show.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I know both The Voice and American Idol must do the shows remotely, but it just isn't the same for me. I enjoy the performances being live ( these are not), I like the audience and more input from the judges then there is now. I also think due to the difficulty of coordinating all the different remotes, it seems the live shows are being condensed. There were so many shows leading up to the lives ( before coronavirus)  it seems the shows are now speeding to the end.

Trusted Contributor

I watched The Voice last night and did not like those produced videos. Some were really over the top produced, others looked more home made and it took away from the purpose because they were NOT singing live. They could go over it again and again to make it perfect.

Going from 17 (why 17? Who asked for the voting one more person in?) to 9 - I hope they just do it with no more last minute saves. I think tonight will be the top audience vote getter from each team, each coach has a save, and then they will do another wild card, which is dumb. It is also obvious that they are making sure that all treams are represented, unlike before when a coach could lose his/her entire team. Again, not right - if they want the audience to vote, then go with those results.

Valued Contributor

I hope Toneshia wins.  I don't get the voting process.  

I won't be watching further.  My two favorites were voted off - Mandy and Cedrice.  Other than Toneshia, all that's left are some lackluster performers with the exception of Toneshia, Thunderstorm and Allegra.

The object is to be entertained and captivated.  Very few of these finalists are entertaining IMO, but the audience has spoken!

Honored Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

I hope Toneshia wins.  I don't get the voting process.  

I won't be watching further.  My two favorites were voted off - Mandy and Cedrice.  Other than Toneshia, all that's left are some lackluster performers with the exception of Toneshia, Thunderstorm and Allegra.

The object is to be entertained and captivated.  Very few of these finalists are entertaining IMO, but the audience has spoken!

@Houstonoilers   Cedrice was voted off?  She was my favorite.  I haven't watched last night's show yet.  I did think the music was too loud when she was performing.  I could barely hear her over the music.  Maybe it was just my TV, but it wasn't like that for any of the other performances.

-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I was really disappointed in Cedrice's song on Monday. She was reclining on a chaise lounge and it was very hard to hear her song. I was really disappointed in that because I really liked her earlier. I kept waiting for her to stand up, since it is really hard to sing from that position. Plus, when she sang last night for the final wildcard vote, I was also underwhelmed. So, she wasn't so much voted off, she just wasn't voted to continue. Semantics.

I am hoping that Thunderstorm keeps advancing.

Frequent Contributor

Loved this show from the first day it came on........the concept was amazing.  Have to say that over the years there are parts I don't watch thanks to my DVR.  That being said,  the show on Monday night was a total train wreck.  Why oh why did they over produce those performances like that?  Cedrece was stuck on that goofy chair and then they added those neon lights?  Mercy.  Some of the performances needed autotune really bad.  The music was drowning out the singing.

The over production alone is sending some of these poor people to the bottom of the heap.  Not good people........not good.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been a fan of the show since Season 1, but I have to say the Voice Live Results, were a disaster. This is the first season which I have watched where I just do not think the talent has been as great as past seasons. Yes, we have a few standouts, but by this point of the contest it's normally painful to see anyone voted off. I was just thinking good riddance to most of them.