Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 -

I'm so glad you recommended the Broadway version. That was beautiful!

Also so great to see Ben Vereen!

Also Justin Guarini from Amer. Idol, Constantine from AI- glad to see they are on Broadway.

Then the young ones from Mathilda and lion KingSmiley Happy

Thank you!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched AI in years but I do like the voice better.

Now that the voice is doing the social distancing seeing Kelly without makeup she looks so much better I think.  I personally don't wear alot a little eyeliner, maybe mascara but I have to wear lipstick this was before the pandemic, now I am not even bothering with makeup and I can't even wear my lipstick because of the masks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Now that the voice is doing the social distancing seeing Kelly without makeup she looks so much better I think.  I personally don't wear alot a little eyeliner, maybe mascara but I have to wear lipstick this was before the pandemic, now I am not even bothering with makeup and I can't even wear my lipstick because of the masks.

@Luvitorleaveit1  I've seen Kelly in concert- she's so 'real' with the audience. The no makeup natural look fits her personality so well! Woman Happy And yes, she can SING !!!

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Ibby114 -

I'm so glad you recommended the Broadway version. That was beautiful!

Also so great to see Ben Vereen!

Also Justin Guarini from Amer. Idol, Constantine from AI- glad to see they are on Broadway.

Then the young ones from Mathilda and lion KingSmiley Happy

@on the bay you're quite welcome! I've mentioned this on many posts- music is my bliss, especially during these times. 

I don't know if you're on FB at all (I am a little). Constantine is very much there, connecting with fans regularly on his page. 

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 -

Me too with the music! I can get lost in youtube music videos (which can be good and bad, you know hard to stop and go to bed once you start!)

And sometimes my favorite ones make me cry too much.

but this one was beautiful.Heart

But I guess also sad because it reminds me of a world we would like to have or how it was again when they first sang it, or the hope and appreciation of how good human beings can be.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm watching The  Voice and after the debacle of American Idol last night, I honestly don't care who wins. 

@Jordan2 AI was so lackluster last night- Ryan seemed out of it too. I like Just Sam - but she was in LA by herself. Her grandmother was on an ipad! My favorite out of the finals was Dillon, loved his rendition of Bob Dylan.

They made a big deal out of Lionel's new 'We Are the World' - it was enjoyable, but there's nothing like the original. Recently, when Broadway closed down a group of Broadway performers including Constantine Maroulis) did their version. It's on youtube- and is AMAZING, 

Now tonight on The Voice, MIcah's original  didn't sound so original! I can't place the group/song- but I know I've heard most of it before!Woman Frustrated

I guess out of the remaining 5 - I like Toneisha best. 

@Ibby114 I didn't like the new version of We Are The World, you can't better the original. If they hadn't told me the singers who were involved, I wouldn't have gotten them all. The singers went by so fast, and the pictures of them on bridges, mountains, etc were too far away.

@Jordan2  check this out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdnteHS9bnY

My mistake, it wasn't recorded recently. Constantine Maroulis posted it on his facebook page when the pandemic hit, though. 

@Ibby114   Thank you so much for posting the link.  That was wonderful.  I so wish it was easier to get to New York.  I love Broadway Musicals.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Ibby114 -

Me too with the music! I can get lost in youtube music videos (which can be good and bad, you know hard to stop and go to bed once you start!)

And sometimes my favorite ones make me cry too much.

but this one was beautiful.Heart

But I guess also sad because it reminds me of a world we would like to have or how it was again when they first sang it, or the hope and appreciation of how good human beings can be.

@on the bay And as we 'speak' I'm watching a Skynrd concert as I'm working remotely! Love Free Bird. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1  I've seen Kelly in concert- she's so 'real' with the audience. The no makeup natural look fits her personality so well! Woman Happy And yes, she can SING !!!

@luvitorleaveit wrote:

@Ibby114-well said I think no makeup does fit her personality....maybe it was on too heavy because of t.v and the lights.  I don't know a lot of her songs but from when I did hear her she definitely can sing.  I didn't care for her too much before but it seems she has grown on me this season.