Trusted Contributor

Re: The Voice Finals 5/20 & 5/21

So who won?  I won't be home when winner is announced.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@DiAnne  The country singers start sounding all the same.

@Katcat1   You are right, I could not listen to them, but did listen to Maelyn telling her to leave the country boys in the dust, LOL.

Honored Contributor

No big surprise, but I was very happy with who won.  

@KLevineFan  

Spoiler
Maelyn won.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of voting for this show, is done based on viewers love (or not!) of a particular coach. Blake having three of the final four kind of dooms them, as I think it splits the "Blake" vote. 

It was a great show, and she was really deserving of the win. 

I just wonder if she will make it 'big'. Most of The Voice winners and participants don't seem to make it as big as many of the former Idol contestants. Hope she does.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

I think a lot of voting for this show, is done based on viewers love (or not!) of a particular coach. Blake having three of the final four kind of dooms them, as I think it splits the "Blake" vote. 

It was a great show, and she was really deserving of the win. 

I just wonder if she will make it 'big'. Most of The Voice winners and participants don't seem to make it as big as many of the former Idol contestants. Hope she does.

@Mominohio  This was my feeling when my favorite- Shawn Sounds- didn't make the finals! I hope John works with him outside of the show- they seemed to have connected well. 

I'm glad Maelyn won! She really blossomed as the season progressed- and stood out tenfold from all the twangy country singers! (not a fan of the genre, can you tell? ! Woman LOL)

Honored Contributor

I wasn't surprised that Maelyn won, I would have been surprised if she hadn't (not very suspenseful, like American Idol was). I am so glad none of Blake's three contestants won, Blake is getting a swelled head he needs to be taken down a peg or two.

Honored Contributor

I was very happy when Maelyn won the Voice and very disappointed when Laine won Idol.  I think Blake knew his singers were outclassed by her.  

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I was very happy when Maelyn won the Voice and very disappointed when Laine won Idol.  I think Blake knew his singers were outclassed by her.  

@DiAnne  Maelyn's talent stood out tenfold! Her voice was compared to so many this season. During the finale, during her duet,  I realized who she sounds like -.Sarah Mclachlan! Their paring was terrific.

Thinking about her win logistically though- the 'country' vote was split in 3. And the 'pop' vote didn't have to share #'s.