Esteemed Contributor

Last night my DVR recorded three programs of The Vikings on the History Chanel. I watched the first which was a synopsis. They flashed a fast announcement of new shows shortly. 
  I didn't know there would be more new episodes and my DVR only picks up new ones. I'm just informing people in case they enjoyed the series and want to see more.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Vikings

[ Edited ]

@1Snickers 

Oh Thank You!  I am a big fan of this show and am looking forward to the final season.

Edited to add:  I had no idea it was starting.  I just went to History dot com and it looks like they showed 2 episodes.  So sad I missed them but will try to watch on Demand.  I would really like to watch the synopsis show, but it is not listed......😩😩😩😩. 

Thank you SO MUCH for the reminder!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I was confused for a minute because I already watched the final episodes on Amazon, forgot it was still coming to the history channel. I won’t offer any spoilers but I am going to say that I found the ending to be satisfying 🙂.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I am just so disappointed because I sat here last night and watched something I hated when I could have watched Vikings..............😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

I just looked and these three shows are not On Demand............  

I may be out of luck and it upsets me as I have never missed an episode.  I really like this series.  I used to get emails but did not this time.........

I have to go to a graduation party for my grand daughter soon but I will try to see if there is some way to see these shows later.  🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Respected Contributor

Add me to the confused list.  Are these the FINAL episodes being shown?  I've seen absolutely no ads or promos for it, and this was my FAVORITE program as well.  I did hear it was being shown on Amazon or streaming or whatever but I can only watch it on History Channel.

I will have to check my On Demand.  Funny, I was just thinking about this yesterday thinking its been 1 1/2 years since the last shows were aired.  Was the Russian fellow still around?  I liked when Ivar teamed up with him.  And what about Ivar's dead wife showing up again?  It's been so long I can't even remember their names.

Thanks for the heads up.  I don't think this was right on the part of History channel.  They ran a series, for many years, from the beginning, and to withhold the final episodes for the conclusion of the show is really mean and unfair to all the fans who enjoyed the show.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

It looks like you can watch on demand, but if not, I would recommend doing a search for season 6, episode 11, etc. You can always find recaps and reviews, not the same but at least it will catch you up. 

Respected Contributor

@1Snickers   Thanks so much for posting about this.  I never would have known.  I scan History channel frequently to see whats on and its always 'Pawn Stars' 'American Pickers' or a special about 'Made in USA' or the like.

I watched the synopsis episode.  I did not see the first several seasons with Ragnar.  Ragnar had been killed before I started watching, so I saw the beginnings of Ivar, Bjorn, Hvitserk, Ubbe and the other brother.  Also Ivar's mother had already been slayed by Lagertha.

But I got the gist of it.  But does anyone else have a hard time understanding Bjorn when he is speaking?  Esp. during that synopsis episode where all the brothers cept for Ubbe are sitting at the table discussing life, and Bjorn just does his low mumble thing with the heavy accent.  I think I may need to watch with closed captioning.  Woman Wink

So I have two episodes to watch.  I may binge watch tomorrow.  And do we find out what happened to Floki?

Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN 

How did you find the synopsis show?  Was in On Demand?  I just got home a bit ago and am going to do some searching to try to find it and the two new episodes.  I have watched every single episode from the very beginning but would love to see the synopsis show just to jog my memory!🤣🤣🤣

I am so surprised that they did not advertise that it was starting again.  I do watch the History channel and saw nothing.  One would expect them to promote this show if they want viewers.........🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

@4kitties   Yes, I brought up On Demand for the History channel.  It showed the Synopsis Saga and then above that was listed two episodes (I think 11 n 12) but not positive about the episode #'s.

I believe I've seen this type of summary of The Vikings before, but added in were the 3 brothers at the table discussing their lives.  Ubbe wasn't there, I assume because he was supposed to be on his way to Iceland.  Also inserted were brief interviews with the actors and what their take on the final season episodes will be like for the fans.

Why was I thinking King Herald was killed off?  I know his brother got axed.  And that whole dreamy sequence w/Bjorn and Ivar on the beach and it appeared Ivar got the best of him?  Apparently not.  Yes, its good to watch this because its been so freakin long between seasons.  Kinda ridiculous, but I'm glad its FINALLY here!!

Respected Contributor

Re: The Vikings

[ Edited ]

@jellyBEAN 

Thank you for replying.  I will be checking my On Demand for it.  I really need a bit of a recap because, like you said, it has been soooo long between seasons!  

I just have to know how it all ends and I wonder if Floki is dead or alive.🤷‍♀️

In addition to the synopsis show I may try to find the last episode of the last season.  It has been so long I need that to refresh my memory too!🤣