Respected Contributor

Re: The Vikings --- possible spoiler for those who haven't watched!!!

@AngelPuppy1

you are so correct about the land grant not being a legal and binding contract from Ecbert, since he was not king at the time.

That makes me wonder if this will be continued next season.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe the upcoming episodes will center around the acquisition of land and the battles between the Vikings and the church-driven warriors. This will, in turn, lead us into the next of the History Channel's series "Knightfall"...about the Knights Templar.

Esteemed Contributor

I found this really interesting interview with the show's writer, M Hirst at this website.

Check it out - does offer some spoilers. 

http://www.tvguide.com/news/vikings-finale-ivar-siggurd-dead/

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for posting this link. I absolutely love this series. Have been purchasing the entire series on dvd's. Have also enjoyed searching history books from my library regarding the vikings.  I am of Swedish ancestory and have traced my geneology back to a small farming community in Sweden. So I like to think maybe I am descended from Vikings.

Am looking foward to season 5.

Esteemed Contributor

@shoptheQ wrote:

Thanks so much for posting this link. I absolutely love this series. Have been purchasing the entire series on dvd's. Have also enjoyed searching history books from my library regarding the vikings.  I am of Swedish ancestory and have traced my geneology back to a small farming community in Sweden. So I like to think maybe I am descended from Vikings.

Am looking foward to season 5.

---------------------------------

Season 5 can't come soon enough!!  I miss watching the show on Wednesdays!!  Next segment of  Viking history should be interesting and probably a bit bloody!!  Glad you enjoyed the info on the link.  Would love to have Viking blood in my ancestry!!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

I found this really interesting interview with the show's writer, M Hirst at this website.

Check it out - does offer some spoilers. 

http://www.tvguide.com/news/vikings-finale-ivar-siggurd-dead/

@corita

That was a wonderful article!  It was so exciting!  I really can't wait for the next season.  I believe this show just gets more and more riveting --- hard to believe -- but true!  But I will still miss Ragnar!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin