Respected Contributor

Re: The Vikings --- possible spoiler for those who haven't watched!!!

[ Edited ]

Any Jonathan Rhys Meyers fans?.....I read that he is coming to the Vikings next season....loved him in The Tudors.  

Honored Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

Any Jonathan Rhys Meyers fans?.....I read that he is coming to the Vikings next season....loved him in The Tudors.  

Oh yes! He played Dracula in a now-cancelled NBC series "Dracula". It was so good! He will make a great addition to Vikings! What role will he be playing?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@straykatz wrote:

Oh yes! He played Dracula in a now-cancelled NBC series "Dracula". It was so good! He will make a great addition to Vikings! What role will he be playing?

Not sure exactly...a warrior bishop is what I'm understanding...sounds fearsome and exciting.  

according to Entertainment: 

In next week’s finale, the sons of Ragnar Lothbrok will have their reckoning with the army of Wessex. The results of that battle will reverberate throughout history — and will set the stage for the arrival of a new character on the show, played by Jonathan Rhys Meyers. The actor will appear in the finale, which sets the stage for his large role in season 5.

Vikings creator Michael Hirst, already deep into production on the 20 episodes of season 5, found Rhys Meyers’ character in his research. “I was looking at the history books, and I came across these warrior bishops,” he tells EW. “The antecedents of the Knights Templar: these are people who were absolutely religious, yet they put on armor and they fought.”Don’t let their priestly status fool you, either. “They were crazy! They believed totally in Christianity and the message, and yet, on the battlefield, they were totally berserk.”

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@SilleeMee

Yeah, you're right.  I should have mentioned the Romans & Greeks too.  I've seen Ben-Hur a thousand times. Smiley LOL

I don't think Loki ever left his Viking village prior to them invading England & France.  He was just a simple boat builder.

Now he's building ancient chariots?  He must have seen one somewhere.  The chariot was made of some sort of tweed/twine.  I believe the Egyptions used papaya.  The Romans & Greeks improved on the chariot's body.

Yeah, Lagertha was rocking those boots.  Along w/her leather outfits when she dresses like a male Viking.

Well the Romans held most of Europe including the area of modern France, Germany and Spain until it was lost to the Caliphate and Loki just got back for the second time from France and also from the Caliphate part of the Iberian peninsula.

Additionally, chariots were known around Scandinavia. There is bronze age archeological evidence and it's mentioned in the lore in the form of Freyja's chariot being pulled by two cats, the horses that pull Sol's chariot across the sky and Thor's chariot pulled by goats. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Clive Standen will be starring in a new series on NBC.  It is called Taken and it premiers on February 27th.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

I watched him in The Tudors (I also own the DVDs) & Dracula.  He is one

Spoiler
sexy mother censored.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@4kitties wrote:

Clive Standen will be starring in a new series on NBC.  It is called Taken and it premiers on February 27th.  

--------------------------------------

I will be watching!!  He is one of my favorites!!  However, I think he is "handsomer"  when his look is a rugged, long haired Viking!!

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@straykatz wrote:

I watched him in The Tudors (I also own the DVDs) & Dracula.  He is one

Spoiler
sexy mother censored.gif

cougar catnip

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@4kitties,

Thank you for posting this info! I will be watching for sure!Heart

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@4kitties wrote:

--------------------------------------

I will be watching!!  He is one of my favorites!!  However, I think he is "handsomer"  when his look is a rugged, long haired Viking!!

I'll take Clive Standen either way! ...LOL!Woman Very HappyHeart