Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Vikings --- possible spoiler for those who haven't watched!!!

@Mz iMac wrote:

@straykatz

Ivar or Ivan was actually a real person (as well as his brothers).  Interesting background.  Google Ivan or Ivar The Boneless.

----------------------

@Mz iMac 

I really enjoy your historical additions to the thread!!  Thank you... 

Despite his violent actions towards others, I hated seeing Ragnar tortured!!  I will miss his character and those blue eyes. 

Honored Contributor

Anybody watch last night (1/18)?  The blood eagle was back!!!!! yahoo.gif

Spoiler
I was hoping the Vikings did that type of torture to King Aelle.  Ok, I'm warped.  What can I say?

My favorite line of the show...

Floki to King Aelle, “I’ve been taught your god is a carpenter.  Guess what? So am I!”

173836.gif

For some reason I have a sneaky suspicion that Floki is going to turn to Islam before the season ends.  His adopted daughter is going to teach him.  When the Vikings raided that Muslim city a few episodes back Floki had an epithamy when he heard the "prayer call" & noticed men were praying yet he could not see any idols or anything religious in the Mosque.

I want this sweater coat...

vikings2.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Ragnar's desath has to go down as one of the most gruesome and horrifying ever shown. 

Honored Contributor

Here is something ---- why is Ragnar's grave --- if you want to call it that --- more like his pitt of torture --- partially open???  I thought when he was thrown down there and the snakes were all about him that this pitt was totally closed.  Now I see that there is a slight opening and they are showing it.  Is there some significance to this???  I do not see how he could possibly have survived this  --- so -------------???????  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Here is something ---- why is Ragnar's grave --- if you want to call it that --- more like his pitt of torture --- partially open???  I thought when he was thrown down there and the snakes were all about him that this pitt was totally closed.  Now I see that there is a slight opening and they are showing it.  Is there some significance to this???  I do not see how he could possibly have survived this  --- so -------------???????  

----------------------

I wondered about that open grave site too!!  Surely his body did not survive, but maybe for the storyline, his "soul" did.  Remember when he died... that flock of birds flew past the people???

Valued Contributor

@corita  I kept hoping that Ragnar wasn't dead, initially.  Now I think that this adds some detail to Ragnar's legend. His remains were never found.  Where did they go? Did Odin come for his body to take him to Valhalla?

Also, I keep harking back to the old soap opera trick of not showing a dead character so that he/she can be resurrected later as a plot twist. LOL Don't think that will be happening.

Hope that Ragnar's sons can uphold his reputation!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@pateacher wrote:

@corita  I kept hoping that Ragnar wasn't dead, initially.  Now I think that this adds some detail to Ragnar's legend. His remains were never found.  Where did they go? Did Odin come for his body to take him to Valhalla?

Also, I keep harking back to the old soap opera trick of not showing a dead character so that he/she can be resurrected later as a plot twist. LOL Don't think that will be happening.

----------------------

I did not know that his remains were never found. Wonder if someone recovered them and gave him a proper burial somewhere!! 

I wonder about his sons.  I never thought that Ragnar was evil, but I do think a couple of his sons are intensely villainous!!!!

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

----------------------

I wondered about that open grave site too!!  Surely his body did not survive, but maybe for the storyline, his "soul" did.  Remember when he died... that flock of birds flew past the people???

@corita

Yes, I do.  The last show I watched when his boys came back and had vengence on the king -- wow -- that was awful --- they opened the grave --- no body. At least that I could see.  Did someone remove it and place it somewhere else??  I guess they want you to have questions??? 

Honored Contributor

@pateacher wrote:

@pateacher

Yes, I think the sons will keep his legend going!  

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@pateacher wrote:

----------------------

I did not know that his remains were never found. Wonder if someone recovered them and gave him a proper burial somewhere!! 

I wonder about his sons.  I never thought that Ragnar was evil, but I do think a couple of his sons are intensely villainous!!!!

I didn't think he was really evil either -- though he did some evil things.  I really believe he just wanted to go back to where it all begain --- with his wife --- Lagertha and family and be a farmer again!  Yes, Ivar --- I think is really evil!!!