Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

After yesterday I am done. Yes some one handed it to Joy to read but she was way too happy about it and the audience didn’t seem to grasp it either. If it would have been true what a disaster for our country. Megan tried to explain how irresponsible it is for us to want failure for one side. Megan does look miserable. Who can blame her? She knows politics inside and out, has a passion for it. She seems to want real debate, not emotional silliness. If she was talking to Anderson Cooper a real exchange of ideas could happen. The View is a morning talk show meant to be silly and light. Not a good fit after all. 

@Nancy Drew

THE VIEW is not a "morning talk show meant to be light and silly." that is NOT the reason why i am watching the show and have been for quite a long time.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@tucka

at least put the blame where it belongs......brian ross of abc news......not joy behar.

@sunshine45  i disagree. while Brian Ross is taking the fall, the news desk has a lot to answer for for allowing that to air - not only with him but the high drama rushing of "news" release to Behar on show.  ABC is a news brand - and did serious damage to its brand by not doing proper - and usual- source checks before going to air. there used to be standards. these are public air waves, owned by us all. and,  all this is why they are having a major investigation there. as for Behar's reaction, that's on her. that clip will be shown ad nauseam. of course, she is a "comic," not a Rhodes scholar!

@ms traditional

i will agree with you to an extent......it DOES go beyond brian ross.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@tucka

at least put the blame where it belongs......brian ross of abc news......not joy behar.

@sunshine45  i disagree. while Brian Ross is taking the fall, the news desk has a lot to answer for for allowing that to air - not only with him but the high drama rushing of "news" release to Behar on show.  ABC is a news brand - and did serious damage to its brand by not doing proper - and usual- source checks before going to air. there used to be standards. these are public air waves, owned by us all. and,  all this is why they are having a major investigation there. as for Behar's reaction, that's on her. that clip will be shown ad nauseam. of course, she is a "comic," not a Rhodes scholar!

@ms traditional, the problem is there is so much competition, cable networks, networks, internet, where one can go to find their news. Everyone wants to be “the first” for the big scoop. It’s unfortunate that Brian Ross and ABC jumped the gun. It happened, he was suspended, let’s move on.

Respected Contributor

@jordan2  i have moved on - but ABC is in the midst of an investigation of who/what caused breakdown since the repercussions have been brutal.  frankly with his history i think Brian should be in retirement (forced) by now.